Chapter 5

"My children, please don't be angry. I want the both of you to open up and tell me why you both don't like my decision", Royal said to Mercy and Andrew who were seated quietly in the king's chamber with Lucy.
     "Dad, mom, you both know that I have never gone against your decisions. I've done everything the way I was asked to, but dad, please...," Mercy says as she goes on her knees,"grant me this wish of mine please. Father I.....am.....",she starts crying uncontrollably.
     "My rose, this is the first time am seeing you in such a state. Tell me what it is, open up, am your father".
     "Mercy you have to tell us what it is. Have you lost your innocence?", Lucy asked motherly.
     "No. I can't think of a thing like that ", Mercy says still crying.
     "Then tell us, is a man in your life?", Lucy asked.
     "Yes. Mom yes, am in love, please dad, please, let me be with the one I love so much please, father please, mom, please help me beg father, please", Mercy says with an increment in her tears.
     "Mercy that's enough now, get up, please just get up. You have to let mom and dad think about this", Andrew says as he helps her to her room.
     "What's going on, I don't understand why all this is happening. We just wanted the best for our children", Royal says with a regretful look on his face.
     "Please, you have to calm down, stop blaming yourself for what has happened. I still suggest they meet each other".
     "We'll see about that but..."
     "But what my love, stop this and calm down, I don't want this to affect your health".
* * * * * * * * * *
     "Michael, Angel, I know you both are upset with us but don't you think you should let us know why you don't like our decision", Roland said to his children who were not even looking happy.
     "Father, I know you want the best for us but I just have to tell you that am in love with another man. I love him so much, am sorry I can't marry any other man", Angel said.
     "Mom, dad, I don't think anyone will be able to replace Sandra in my life and heart. You both know that I don't want to be with any woman again and that's final. I can't get married", Michael said angrily.
     "Michael let's leave them to think about this and if they think they are right, I will have to do my will", Angel said as she leaves with Michael.
     "Beyonce, am afraid this is too dangerous for us".
     "No it's not. Listen, why don't you call Royal and find out how things are going over there".
      "Yes, you're right".
     "And please, a video call".
     Roland and Beyonce put a call through to Royal and Lucy who picked up immediately.
     "How are things over there", Roland says to Royal who was seated with his wife at the other end.
     "Things are not any better here".
     "What happened?".
     "I think we four should meet and discuss things over", Lucy said.
     "Yes, that's a great idea. It's left for you both to....", Beyonce said as she was interrupted by Roland.
     "We'll come over".
     "No, no. We'll meet at the same spot we met before", Royal said.
     "Yes, okay we'll be there".
* * * * * * * * * *
     "Things are getting complicated", Roland says.
     "But we must get out of this", Royal said looking from one person to another.
     "This is all our fault we should have listened to our wives, Royal".
     "The deed has been done and we can't change it".
     "But we can find a solution", Lucy said turning her gaze from one person to the other.
     "You're right. The only way out of this is to find a solution to it", Beyonce said not knowing who exactly to fix her gaze on.
     "What then will be the solution to this problem", Royal said looking confused about everything.
     "I still think we should let them meet each other, so that they could know one another and share their views", Beyonce said looking at Lucy for affirmation or support.
     "Beyonce may be right about this, let's let them meet and talk to one another", Lucy said as a reply to Beyonce.
    There was silence as everyone was contemplating on the idea.
     "So, we should call them together? Is that what you both are saying?", Roland said as he broke the silence
     "We think it's the right thing. I mean, if they sit together they can share their views and a decision will be made", Lucy said replying to Roland's question.
     "We all know that the case with Mercy and Michael is different?", Royal said turning his gaze from Lucy to Beyonce and then Roland for a reply to what he has said.
     "Yes, when the time comes we will settle it", Beyonce says.
     "So what date, day and time do we fix?", Royal asked.
     "I think next week Monday will do so that they will get over this before they meet", Roland said fixing his gaze on Royal.
     "Alright then by 4pm but where?", Royal said seeking reply from the two women or maybe Roland.
     "At Raymi's hotel. We'll go do the booking before we leave for our homes", Lucy said to the three who nodded in affirmation.