Chapter 3

"Lolo, Lucy oh!! Lulu, please be fast, we'll soon be late for the appointment we have".
    "Am coming my love. Don't worry, we won't be late for the meeting".
  Royal and Lucy are going to attend an appointment. The appointment was to meet Roland and Beyonce.
  Roland is the king of Umuneke village. Beyonce is the most beautiful queen of Umuneke village so far. She is the most interesting woman to spend time with. Both Roland and Beyonce gave birth to two children; Angel and Michael.
  Angel is a beautiful princess who makes sure of making everyone around her happy. She is very jovial. She is one of the most friendly and happiest person to be with. Michael is quite a handsome prince. He is quite tall, same as his father. He is gentle with a peaceful heart and mind. Michael loves peace and always fights for justice all the time. He is based in California but just arrived home.
  Royal and Lucy were off on their way to meet Roland and Beyonce. They both rode in a red sienna, guarded by their guards and two maidens came along with them.
* * * * * * * * * *
    "Are we late?", Lucy said with a little smile on her face.
    "Of course not", Beyonce said as she stood up to hug Lucy and greet Royal along with her husband, Roland. Roland and Beyonce arrived some minutes before Lucy and Royal arrived. They both were seated awaiting the arrival of Royal and Lucy and now they are both happy they've arrived.
    "What will you both like to have?", Roland asked looking concerned.
    "Actually, I think we both will just have a glass of water each, am I right?", Lucy said while turning her gaze to her husband who nodded in affirmation. Then Roland ordered for four glasses of orange juice and four glasses of chilled water.
    "We all know why we are here and I guess we've made up our minds on what to do", Royal said sipping some juice from his glass.
    "I suggest we tell them the truth, I mean if we don't tell them now how are they going to know that they are betrothed to each other? At least they all will be getting along if not for any other thing", Beyonce said after sipping her juice and looking serious.
    "I agree to what Beyonce just said, it is now left for you the men of the house to decide", Lucy said turning her gaze from one person to the other.
    "Am in", Royal said.
    "Me too", Roland said and everyone gave a smile.
  Roland, Lucy, Beyonce and Royal got their children betrothed to each other; Mercy to Michael and Andrew to Angel but this was unknown to them. Infact, they don't even know themselves.
    "So what date do we fix to meet with our children?", Royal said expecting an answer from someone.
    "I think on Friday is the best day since they won't have anywhere to go to", Roland said.
    "Yes, that's okay", Lucy and Beyonce chorused and laughed over it.
    "So at last our aim has been achieved, right?", Beyonce said smiling.
    "Yes of course", Lucy said returning her a smile.
* * * * * * * * * *
    "Andy, I still will like to know what you were hiding", Mercy said giving Andrew a concerned look.
    "Mercy, I would tell you because I wouldn't want you to loose it again", Andrew said looking tired.
    "Thanks for caring, at least", Mercy said smiling.
    "Mercy promise me Dad and Mom won't hear about this".
    "I promise".
    "Mercy, give me one minute and I will be right back".
    "Alright", Mercy said as Andrew left into his room and returns with the same picture he was hiding. He goes straight to Mercy and sits by her.
    "Mercy", he brought out the picture and hands it to her, "that's the first and only lady I've ever loved all my life. Mercy, she is Andrea, such a nice and lovely person to be with". Everywhere went silent for some minutes. The only thing Mercy could notice was the flow of tears down her brother's eyes.
    "Andy, did you both break up?".
    "We both had an argument and the case of me being from Nigeria made the case worst".
    "Explain please".
    "She was ready to marry me although I am a Nigerian but after the quarrel, she took it as a reason to break up with me". This time Andrew was now crying thoroughly.
    "Andy, please stop this. Look am sorry, okay. I really didn't mean to open a closed injury. You know I won't want to see you in this mood, please Andy, please", Mercy said trying to calm him down as she also releases tears.
    "It's alright, please don't cry because of me", Andrew said wiping his tears and that of Mercy.