9 ~ News

- Dylan POV -

My back hits the ground as the 'thing' starts squealing like a mad hamster.

"DYLAN!" Kaitlyn squeals as she stands up.

"Oh my god Kaitlyn. You nearly gave me a heart attack. Where the hell were you hiding?" I stand up and try to catch my breath.

"Oh, well, you know... hiding in your hedges..."

"What the fuck?"

"Sooo~ you and Ryan, huh? Can't you just like, get together already? It's been long enough. Watching you two together and never asking each other out hurts."

I blush and smirk at Kaitlyn.

"Holy shit, does that face mean what I think it means?" She gasps.

"Kaitlyn~ Ryan and I, we're together!"

"Fuck, Dylan! I'm so happy for you." She wraps me into a hug and I pat her head.

"I'm happy too... you're the first person we've told, other than my mom, who kind of found us making out on the couch."

"Well, so much for a big announcement to her, huh?" She nudges my shoulder. "Well, are you going to tell anyone else? I'm sure Abi would be passed out on the floor if she heard you got together."

"Hmp, well, I'm super excited to tell everyone, but why did you mention Abi?"

"Well... let's just say her sketch book is FULL of sketches of you and Ryan together. She did a lot of them over the Summer."

My face turned red. "Really?"

"Hell yeah, you shoulda seen them. Like, everyone knew, except you and Ryan. That girl's got talent. No wonder Emma fell for her so fast."

"Oh my god, Emma and Abi are sooo cute together. But cuter than me and Ryan, definitely not." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Show off that relationship in front of your very single best friend."

"Well, not my fault!"

Kaitlyn picked up her phone off of the ground, it fell off when she carelessly jumped on me for no reason.

"Well, how about we meet up with Abi and Emma?" Kaitlyn unlocks her phone and hops in a new group chat.

"Yeah, like uhhh... the two couples and their one super single friend hangout, eh?"

"Let's go with that, yeah." Kaitlyn starts typing a message after creating the group chat.

- The Girls and the Gays GC -

Kaitlyn: Hey, Dylan and I have some news, can we meet up?

Emma: Heyyy!! Abi's at my house right now, you could come over here? I know it's a bit far but I have to stay home to watch my little sister. My parents are out on a date and staying at some hotel or something.

Kaitlyn: Great! We're on our way. Thanks Em :)

Dylan: See you soon! <3

Emma: Bye!!

Abi: We'll cya soon!

"Kaitlyn, the name of the group chat-"

"Shhhh, can't deny the truth, Hooky Mc Hook face."

"Oh my god, Kaitlyn. You are so mean."

Kaitlyn winks at me and pulls me along to her car, which was parked a bit farther away that usual.

We hop in the car and turn on the radio.

"Well, are you sure the car won't break down on the way there?"