|9|

present,
Bronxville, NY
Ryojin's apartment
living room
__________________________

"They are? Do you want to talk about it?" Ryojin asked, leading Landon to the couch before pulling on a tanktop that had been left on the table.

Landon nodded softly, wiping his tears away with the hem of his shirt, "Th-they...Light and Ash, have been fighting a lot."

Ryojin nodded understandingly, sitting down beside Landon and softly caressing his hand.

"I just- I never expected this to happen. I-I thought they would be together forever..." Landon looked up at Ryojin with tears in his eyes, "How am I supposed to believe in love anymore when they..."

Ryojin lifted Landon's hand and kissed the back of it softly, "Look at us though. Love isn't perfect Cookie, I'm sure some part of your parents still love each other but sometimes it's better to separate."

"I don't want to talk about it anymore." Landon shook his head and wiped away his newly fallen tears, "I'm sorry for coming over and springing all of this on you but it's too morbid at my house."

"It's no problem, I'm here for you Landon." Ryojin caressed Landon's cheek with his hand softly before yawning.

Was he about to go to sleep before I came over- Landon wondered, "Are you tired? I'll go home and let you sleep." he offered, standing up from the couch.

"I'll sleep later, stay here a bit longer." Ryojin replied, although it was constructed as a question more than a statement.

A soft cry came from down the hall before a full-on wail erupted from Daehyun's bedroom, he had woken up from his nap.

Ryojin sighed as he yawned again, "Fuck." he muttered, starting down the hall towards the baby's bedroom but Landon stopped him.

Landon grabbed Ryojin's arm, "Hey, I'll take care of Daehyun, you go to sleep." he offered with a small smile, matching quite beautifully with his tear-reddened eyes.

"Are you sure? I don't want to impose on you." Ryojin asked, although he looked as if he was moments away from passing out from exhaustion.

Landon leaned forward and kissed Ryojin's cheek, "Go sleep, I'll take care of him." he replied before softly pushing Ryojin towards his own bedroom and going into Daehyun's.

He walked over and picked up the small child from his crib, softly bouncing Daehyun in his arms as the cries subsided.

"Shh, Hyun-ah, don't cry. Are you hungry? Here let's find some food for you." Landon said softly, carrying Daehyun into the kitchen and looking through the cabinets.

a few hours later,
Bronxville, NY
Ryojin's apartment
________________________

Landon sighed as he laid Daehyun down in his bed, removing the decorative pillow so there was nothing left in the crib.

I've been here almost all day, I'm just glad no one's blowing up my phone, Landon thought, checking the time on his cell phone to see it was 23:00.

He stretched his arms as he went down the hall and softly knocked on Ryojin's bedroom door before entering.

The room was the same as always, and in the middle of the red bed laid Ryojin.

Landon tapped Ryojin's shoulder, "Ryojin," he called in a whisper, waking the older man up.

Ryojin sat up, "Hey, what time is it?" he asked, looking over at his window to see the sunlight was no longer shining through.

"It's 11pm. Daehyun's asleep in his room, I fed and changed him already. I'm gonna go back home." Landon replied, fighting off the urge to yawn.

Ryojin shook his head, "You shouldn't drive so late, it's dangerous. Stay the night here and you can leave in the morning." he offered.

Landon furrowed his eyebrows, "Wouldn't that be weird? Us sleeping in the same bed again?"

"Not at all." Ryojin grabbed Landon's hand and pulled him onto the bed, causing Landon to fall partially onto Ryojin's lap.

"I won't do anything, I promise." Ryojin gave a reassuring smirk before shifting and letting Landon's arm go.

Landon took a minute to consider before sighing and taking off his shoes, "Just sleeping, I'm not ready for anything else." he shook his head.

Ryojin lifted his hands up in mock surrender, "I won't touch you. I would never force you to do anything you don't want to."

Dammit- I'm falling for him even more...Landon groaned as he laid down on the bed beside Ryojin.

Everything felt all too familiar; the softness of the mattress, the mirror hanging above them, the soft red sheets covering the bed- it was all too much for Landon to take in along with Ryojin peacefully laying beside him.

Landon couldn't take the sight of Ryojin's sleeping face and flipped his back to the man, facing the other side of the room as he finally fell asleep.

the next morning,

Landon couldn't emotionally handle the way he'd woken up.

Sometime during his slumber, Landon had flipped over towards Ryojin and scooted closer.

The 20-year-old woke up with Ryojin's arm around his waist and his own legs interlocked with Ryojin's.

But that wasn't the worst part- the worst part was that Ryojin was already awake, calmly reading a book while laying in bed.

W-what...are we doing? Landon jumped up from the comfortable spot on Ryojin's arm/ bed and moved to the furthest part of the mattress.

Ryojin either didn't notice or mind Landon physically distancing himself as much as possible, and continued reading his novel about a famous Greek painter.

It wasn't until Landon said something that Ryojin had finally reacted, or at least acknowledged Landon's existence; "What-...what is happening here?" Landon blurted out.

"What are you-" Landon shook his head, confused, "What are you doing?" he asked shocked.

Ryojin set his book down, "I wasn't doing anything. I woke up and you were like this, I didn't want to wake you up after seeing how peaceful you looked." he replied almost innocently.

But Landon knew him...and he knew there was nothing innocent about Kim Ryojin.

Vote and Comment!
bc this is my version of the one-bed trope✨