WORST BEST DAY

Pete POV:

A perfect ray of sunlight hit on my face through the glass window. I woke up with my hands clutching my head on either side due to heavy migraine. I slowly opened my eyes to look around to see I was in Cans bedroom instead of mine. I turned to see that Can was not sleeping beside me.

I tried to recall my memories as I started processing them. I could remember some things in bits and pieces that I was drinking along with my friends, I mistook someone as Ae. Shit! How can I lose my mind like that? Even more, I could remember that I kissed that person. That was my first kiss. I made up my mind that I shouldnt drink hereafter. As I went to get freshen up.

After I took bath, I immediately made breakfast and slowly checked my phone. As I noticed a message from Aim that Can is along with her and he would directly come to the office. I hummed myself as I started eating my breakfast.

When I was about to slowly make it into the office lobby Can got down from Aims car. As she waved us goodbye after sending Can. Can immediately sprinted towards me and hugged me. I laughed a little at his childish behavior. Can What happened? I asked him. He replied to me by saying I was worried for you last night. We searched for you for long hours. After a while, someone informed us that you went with a co-owner of the resto-bar. I hummed at him and spoke, I am fine Can, and sorry for keeping you worried.

As we led ourselves into the office. I went to my new cabin and I opened my mail. I looked into the mail of the ongoing project. So far, we got a very good response from the partnered company. Kudos to my teammates they are very supportive and dedicated to the work.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door and I responded Come in. As Mean came with the final report and spoke Mr. Pete here are the few changes we need to do in programming and also, I think the budget they allotted is very less. I request you to talk to them about to change as it might affect the annual finances. I hummed and replied, Drop the formalities Mean. I will look into the errors and change them. Thank you Mean.

As I started doing all the works that are reverted for cross-checking and also changes needed to be done. I also started preparing the presentation that needed to be submitted for this project to the client before the deadline. I was dealing with the work till lunch.

During lunch as usual I and Can went together. Suddenly I received a phone call from my executive Mrs. Moors, she spoke: Pete where are you? She asked me with a startle. I replied to her Oh Mrs. Moors I am in the cafeteria is there anything I can do to help you out? She continued again yes Pete, come to my cabin along with Can immediately. I responded to her that Okay, Mrs. Moors will be there in a minute. As I cut her call.

I looked at Can as he was happily stuffing his mouth full of food. As I looked at him and said Can pls hurry up fast. He looked at me and whined cutely. I sighed at his behavior and started hurrying up the Can to reach her cabin.

The moment we were about to reach the cabin Can looked at me with a puzzled expression and said Pete why did you drag me to the executive cabin? She is a scary person. I replied to him Can I dont know she immediately told us to come and meet her. He started shaking due to fear and started blabbering Pete what if she gave me a pink slip? Omg, I am going to be homeless, who is going to feed me now? I tapped at his shoulder when he didnt respond I shook his shoulders and spoke Can nothing would happen, I am here with you.

As we led ourselves in the cabin. I could feel Can trembling in fear due to the aura in the environment. Suddenly Mrs. Moors motioned us to take our seats. We sat down and at all once Mrs. Moors started I invited you here because as per the company norms we need to recruit interns from colleges. Our HR department head is in a different country due to an on-site project. So, I want you to both addresses the colleges and give a presentation about our company. We looked blankly at her but she continued you two are recently joined so I would like you both two to handle it. By the way, the meeting is at 2:00 in the afternoon. You both may leave and start preparing for it. As she left the college address to us. We thanked her and left the place.