• Chapter 15 • Morning coffee •

Heavy rain wet New York until dusk and the cold breeze forced Isabelle to wake up. She saw Simon right next to her, hugging her by the waist, tight despite being asleep.
That made the girl smile, while sweetly caressing Simon's hair, playing with it. She still thanked for asking him out a month after their first encounter.
She knew he would be the greatest boyfriend and there he was, by her side.

Isabelle's fingers on his cheeks was the thing that made him open his eyes slowly.

-Izzy... -Muttered, with raspy voice while rubing his eyes. -How are you? Need something?

Despite being clearly exhausted, he reincorporated and looked at her, still the blood on her body, but apparently better than few hours ago.

-A shower... I want a shower.

That was enough for Simon to kiss her forehead and rush to the bathroom, he was going to prepare the best bath for her girlfriend, not a simple shower.

Izzy came to the bathroom minutes later and curiously watched Simon from the door frame, who was cautiusly adding perfumes, and different shower gels. The whole bathroom smelled like a field of roses, mixed  with lavand and orange. For sure Simon still remembered the first time he accidentally entered the bathroom and saw Isabelle taking a bath, the same scent, the same red towels resting on the shelve.

-I think I asked for a shower.

Her voice made Simon turn around speedly. In an attemp of tyding some empty bottles of soap, they felt to the floor and everytime he took them, they felt again.

-If you don't like it I...

But Isabelle was gifting him the sweetest smile while approaching him.
She took his hands and a kiss was left on his lips.

-It's perfect. Now help me out.

Her back was now facing Simon and his shaky hands, started to lower the dress' zipper, making easier for her to get rid of her dress.
It didn't matter how many times he saw her body, it still astonished him, even with blood stains on it.

-I'll be outside if you need something.

Before he could go, she grabbed his wrist, faced him.

-It's easier if you stay. I want you to.

Just as straightforward as Matt, just as convincing.
It was impossible for Simon to say no, specially when her gorgeous eyes were looking directly at him.

-Okay... -A shy smile on his face, a sweet kiss on her cheek before taking off his clothes too.

Training was good for unwinding, but nothing compared with a hot bath with her boyfriend. Izzy felt as if the demon that possessed her melted and faded for good.

-I don't know what happened... I remember looking for Maia, going outside and then not being able to do nothing but obey. -Her fingers played with the bubbles, with the water, which she gazed absentmindly. -I should have battled it.

Just behind her, was Simon, pouring water on her shoulders, caressing and kissing them. He didn't hesitate to hug Izzy tighter.

-There was no way you could have known... Don't blame yourself, Iz... -Taking advantage of her hair being in a messy bun, he kissed her nape, feeling her skin tingle under his lips.

-I am not...  But all this stuff with my brothers is... I don't know, I just think about them all the time, I miss them, I miss them being one. -She took Simon's hands, wrapped his arms around her and rested her head on his shoulder. -It's making me so vulnerable.

-Every one is... We're not made of stone like the one from the Four fantastics... -At least, that made Izzy laugh. -You're a powerful and badass girl that can kick asses in the most beautiful and perfect way possible. Those demons are something bigger. -He was really conviced of that. She knew Izzy was too powerful for a common demon to posses her.