Chapter 11 - The Beast

Wei Wuxian was startled when a blue light hit him suddenly. He flew back and fell on the ground cursing.

- " What the ... "

- " Wei Xiong, move back", someone from the group shouted, alerting him.

Nie Huaisang ran to help his friend up, but froze midway.

Something in the shape of a spider, almost half the height of Lan Wangji was approaching them. It's eyes were glowing red and there were numerous legs on its ventral side instead of just six. Anyone can tell that it was a foul creature just by looking at its physical features and demeanour.

Lan Wangji's intention was to hit the odd creature, but it was so close to Wei Wuxian that he also suffered the blow. Luckily, the second jade had controlled his power, so the sufferer was not hurt severely.

Infact, had he not hit it with his sword, it would have bitten Wei Wuxian by now, pouring all his poison into the latter's body resulting in immediate death.

Getting hit suddenly, the monster veered towards the source of the attack, slowly approaching towards the man carrying Bichen.

The other disciples tried to hit it again with all their forces, but that only surged up its anger and it leaped forward. Finding no possibility to defeat it, they started running in different directions, screaming for help.

Wei Wuxian sprang up to his feet, attacking the spider from the back as Lan Wangji attacked it from the front. Getting attacked from from both the sides confused it for a while.

It let out a low growl and turned back.

"Do you like me huh? Why do you keep turning towards me? Tell me that you like me and I'll play with you as long as you want." Wei Wuxian was speaking nonsense even in the midst of such a danger.

Lan Wangji frowned and stroke his guqin strings when he suspected another attack which was followed by a row of arrows that came from somewhere inside the forest aiming towards the blood coloured eyes.

The monster growled in intense pain. With bloody eyes, it jumped on top of Wei Wuxian, fangs ready to bite him to death. The latter  dodged successfully but was still dangerously close to the beast that was now hissing with pain and desperation to kill its enemy. Lan Wangji leaped forward, playing his guqin like a thunder and yanked him from the mouth of the monster.

The notes were so loud that three strings of the guqin tore off from the wooden base with a shrill noise. The spider fell on the ground, wincing.

Wei Wuxian held up Suibian and stabbed over its head, finally killing the nasty beast.

On the other side, the hilt of Bichen was dyed crimson. Lan Wangji's fingers were bleeding severly from the counterforce of the strings when he outdid himself to pluck them with such incredible strength.

As soon as Wei Wuxian saw the bloddy mess, he rushed to help.

Wei Wuxian,"Give me your hand. Fast !"

Lan Zhan,"I am fine. Let's leave."

He turned to walked away, but before he could take more than three steps, his right hand was held up and a deep blue piece of cloth was wrapped tightly around his bruised fingers.

Wei Wuxian ,"The wound needs to be treated. Reaching to the healing quarters will still take some time. You can't leave a heavily bleeding wound open and untreated like that."

After the first aid, they started walking away. Others had already run away far.
From a distance, however, someone was calling Wei Ying's name asking him to wait.