CHAPTER 14- I DO

"Here you go"- Amanda said handing me a chocolate bar.

We are currently seating in the couch, talking nonsense.

She is really my best friend. She knows that chocolate is my comfort and favorite food.

"Thank you"- I said, then open then I took a bite hungrily.

Mhhmmm.

So delicious. Yummy.

Oh chocolate, can you be mine forever?

I'm starving, I haven't eaten anything yet.

"The Ball is slowly approaching, do you know what to wear?"- she asked suddenly.

"What ball are you talking about?"- I ask confusion evident.

That's when it click me.

Oh right! The ball, the Ellison's family is the host of this year's ball. Its really nice, and fun too. Last year they had this Masquerade ball.

"What's the ball's theme?"- I ask her.

"Red as a rose. You have to wear a red gown. Boy's can wear just a red tie. The ball's theme color is red, since it signifies love"- she said with adoration.

Amanda really loves the color red- its her favorite. Ever since we were kids, she haven't change her favorite color yet. The reason why she loves that color very much is love. She says that love can last forever. It will last forever.

Forever my face!

There is no such thing as that! Call me bitter if you want but I don't and I won't believe on the things that haven't happen to me yet.

"Do you have a gown already?"

"Of course! You better find yours!"- she said, I know what she's thinking.

Shopping....

"Yes I wi-"- I am cut off by the sound of the doorbell. Before I could say or react Amanda suddenly speaks.

"Come in"- Amanda said.

I wonder who's at the door.

I hope its not.

Please don't be him.

Please don't be him.

Please don't be him.

The door knob twists and the door opens revealing a very dashing Harold. My heart suddenly accelerates.

So much for begging.

Why do I have such a huge effect on him?

I feel jittery all of a sudden.

Calm down Sapphire, its just Harold- your friend. Nothing to be nervous about. Don't show the effect he has for you.