CHAPTER 29- PROTECTIVE BROTHER/ ADDICTION OF LOVE

"Can I have a moment with my little sister?"- ask Brent. At first Harold look at me worriedly because of the sudden mood swing my brother has. I just nodded and the next thing I knew, I was already staring at my boyfriend's retreating back.

"You've got a lot of explaining to do"- said my brother, in his dad tone.

Brent, the best brother in the universe. He has always been with me my entire life we just separated when he went to college to pursue his dreams. At first, he was hesitant to leave but I forced him to. He acts as my mother, my father and my brother at the same time. He was the one who watch mek grow up instead of my parents. Honestly, my parents should be thankful for him, because he took care of me and loved me while they can't.

So I smiled sheepishly at my brother. "Nothing, bye!" I exclaimed rapidly and hurried over to the door but he abruptly grabbed my hand causing me to stop.

"Explain. Now"- he said in his brotherly demanding tone.

I sigh, I knew he wouldn't let this topic down " I'm sorry Brent. Its just that me, dad and mom had a huge fight, again. And I couldn't stand being in the same roof with them so I decided to call Amanda. I don't know how, but I accidentally called Harold instead. He came over to our house very quickly, when he heard me sob. I ask a tiny favor, if I could come over and stay for the night, and he willingly agreed. I guess that's why I ended up here."- I explained.

"I know about your fight with mom and dad" I gave him a puzzled look so he just continued and explained further. "Mom called, she was crying actually asking about your whereabouts. She was really worried Phire, she's also the reason why I'm here, she ask me to find you because she knows you wouldn't talk to her after what had happened. She hopes that you'll come home today"

I smirk.

Mom? Worried?

Wow! That's new!

I shrugged nonchalantly "I'll be crashing at Amanda's today"

"Come on Phire, you need to come home"- he said, actually he was so close to begging.

"No"- I said stubbornly. Don't get me wrong I'm a good person but I can be the most stubborn one known to mankind.

I know that Brent is only looking out for me, but there are times when I have to disagree. I'm not coming home. At least not yet.

He sigh, when he saw the determination in my eyes. I'm not backing down. "Fine, but you have to take care of yourself"

"Of course" I said as I reached for his waist and hug him. "I missed you Brent"

When he let go, he messed up my hair, my smile turned into a scowl as he messed up my already messy hair. "I missed you too"

The sides of my mouth twitch up and turned into a full smile.

Then this time I grinned "I know you do"

He chuckled and I too laughed. I love my brother very much and there is nothing I want in exchange for him. I would never trade him for anything.

"Now that this matter is finally resolved. Let's move on to the other one"- he said in a stern tone.

"What do you mean?"

"Explain to me why the hell do you have a boyfriend!?"- he said as his voice rises in frustration.

"Funny story. Bye!"- I said, then started leaving, but he grabbed my hand again causing me to stop. It was like déjà vu.

"Sapphire"- he said my name fully. So he must mean business, real talk.

Uh-oh this so not going to turn up well.

I shrug nonchalantly, trying to act calm and composed, but on the inside I am so damn terrified!

I sigh when I took a glance at his stony expression.I guess its story time.

"We were classmates in elementary, but we still communicate even after we graduated.Then one time he asked me a favor. He asked me to help him make someone fall for him. I hesitated on what he was asking me to do because right from the start I knew that I would fall for him eventually."- I looked at my brother, which is looking at me intently gesturing me to continue what I have started.

"Do you remember Zach?"

At first he looked at me confused, but after awhile I saw a flash of recognition in his eyes. He nodded. I guess that's my cue to continue.

"I don't know what came up to my mind when I said yes. Back then, I thought I was doing the right thing. I really wanted to move on from Zach because he is hurting me in more ways you could possibly think of. So, I thought that if I started liking him I could move on from Zach, and I did. The next thing I knew I was already falling for him. Then finally, he was falling for me too."- We just stared at each other for a second, not even uttering a single word.

"And I just said yes to him today, if that makes you feel better"- I added quickly, I mentally face-palmed myself because of my stupidity. Of course he doesn't feel any better, he's a protective brother.

He blinked.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

What the hell is wrong with my brother!? Why isn't he speaking!?

I guess he was still contemplating on that head of his whether to say what he feels to say or not.

But he did nonetheless.

"He's the third person that you have love so much, am I right?"- he asks.

I think about it for a second.

He's right.

"Yes"

      The first boy I have ever loved was Bryan. We didn't date or have some sort of relationship but we have this unspoken mutual understanding, it actually lasted for about a year. Then one time, he texted me saying not to bother him anymore because he has a girlfriend (I used a different number). I was so blinded by so much pain that I didn't know what to do. I didn't seek for any explanation or anything I just simply avoided him for years until my love for him subsided itself.

      The second boy. Zachary Stone. The handsome-football player- stone hearted- blue eyed- jerk! We used to be close friends but I did something wrong causing us to be enemies. I don't even know why I love him that much, he was a jerk to me.

      Then Harold came, every aspect of my life changed when I fell for him- when I met him actually. My definition of love changed- it use to be depressing but now its more than just love, its more than just the 4-letter word L-O-V-E.

I can't believe that I had fallen for him so bad. He was like a drug that I got addicted to.

I can't live without him.

And there was no cure.

No cure for the addiction of love.

****************************************************************

Good evening guys!

    I am so sorry for the slower update, my schedule is just so full. We had to do lots of things for school. But anyways, I hope you like the update guys! Thank you so much for all your support.

Just excuse the mistakes.

Don't forget to..

Vote..

Comment..

Follow.

Hugs and kisses,

Shaniah Jaca :)