Prologue

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Ah yes, Sunday afternoons.

'What the fuck is this world? Running to, you didn't-'

The sheer volume of the CD player was enough to allow the whole neighborhood to listen along.

'Leave a message, at least I, coulda learned your voice one last time.'

The girl sat in the corner of her small bedroom, pressing the buttons on her black, banged up Gameboy.

'Daily minefield, this could be my time, 'bout you?'

Her foot repeatedly hit the ground along to the beat of Porch by Pearl Jam, she had just recently gotten the CD for her 11th birthday, her father didn't seem to know it wasn't very kid friendly.

'Would you hit me? Would you hit me? Oh-oh-oh.'

As the buildup for the song continued to rise, the pressing of buttons slowly became more aggressive, as the (h/c) girl was reaching the end of the Super Mario Land world. And she was at one of her new best times.

As the music blasted through the player, the guitar becoming more thrash worthy and the girl nearly reaching her new high score- she was thrown off course when she heard a bang against her window.

'All the bills go by and, initiatives are taken up-'

Looking to her left at her bedroom window, she paused her game and went to investigate further. As she neared her window it seemed as though nothing was there, maybe she was imagining things. But as she went to continue her game, she noticed what looked like a bird tapping at her window.

'By the middle, there ain't gonna be no middle anymore!'

She hurriedly turned off her CD player, and after taking another look at the bird, she noticed it wasn't any ordinary bird, but an owl. And it seemed to be holding something in its beak...

The start of an adventure she could have never even dreamed of.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Dear (Y/n),

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins September 1.

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self Protection by Quentin Trimble

Three sets of plain work robes (black).

One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear.

One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar).

One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings).

and
A wand.