4; Ashley

My sisters, bad boy.

Jailhouse.

...............

When I awoke, I wasn't in my cell. Instead, I was in a dark room, surrounded by stuff I couldn't see. I was confused. How did I get here? Where is 'here'? I look around an feel a tight grip on my left hand. I look over at see Jacob sitting on a chair beside the bed, holding my hand.

I yanked my hand from his grip, sitting up and backing towards the side of the bed were the wall was. "Where. Am. I." I commanded.

"Your in my room." He answered, lifting his head up and glaring at me. His elbows propped on his knees now. "Why."

"You fainted."

"You could've token me to my cell."

"You needed a comfortable bed."

"My own is comfortable enough." He sighed angrily and flared his nostrils. Oh no, he's getting mad. "Why are you being like this?" He asked, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Why are you being like this?" I ask. Its a habit now I act this way. After the shit I've gone through, I don't have any better way of acting. He stands up abruptly and fists up his hands. I raise an eyebrow. But it doesn't scare me like it would the old Ashley. Im a different Ashley now. I don't get scared anymore. And I don't get manipulated.

He seemed to have noticed. For he sighed and shut his mouth at was he was about to say. "I'm trying to be nice to you, Ash." I rolled my eyes and stood from the side of the bed. I looked up, having to once again, strain my neck to see him. "Why." I asked. He let out a frustrated sigh.

"Because-"

"Your a guard, Jacob. Im a criminal. Why can't you see that? We may have been a thing once before. But so many thins happened to the both of us, that the other one doesn't know. And it changed us for the rest of our lives. So," I stepped back from him "Stay away from me, and don't bring up the past. No matter what we went through, it's all different now. You don't want to be around me."

"Ash, you have no idea how much I actually do want to be around you."

"Your crazy. Your a fucking idiot if you want to be around me. Im not who you think I am, Jacob. So drop it and leave it there." I turned and started to walk out the door before he grabbed my wrists. "Ash, please just talk to me."

I closed my eyes and bit the insides of my cheek. I sighed. "I did talk to you. That was our deal. Now it's over, and you can just act like I'm not here."

"What happened to you?" He whispered, more to himself than me. I bit my own teeth and slid my skinny wrist out of his grip. "Shit. A lot of it." I looked at the door, then walked out.

✖✖✖

"Jacob we have to do this!" I scream to him. He shakes his head and grabs my shoulders. "No we don't, baby. Please stop yelling."

A year dropped down my cheek. "Jacob...... you can't just ignore that Stanford accepted you. And I can't ignore that UNCG accepted me. We ant let us come between our future-"

"My future is with you!"

I put a hand on his shoulder. "Your gonna go get a degree. Your going to find a woman and fall In love an have children with."

"I'm in love with you, Ashley!" He screamed, tears streaming down both of our faces. I shook my head. "Don't say that..... please. It just makes this harder." I whispered. Jacob took the last step forward and cupped my face in his hands. "Ashley...... I'm in love with you."