"that time of month." (short oneshot)

doubled over in pain on the all-too-familiar bed, you let out a groan.

"agh-...shit,"

was all you could manage out as you squeezed your eyes closed, wishing for nothing more than this dreadful week to finally be over.

reaching for the small, black remote, you flipped through Kurt's TV channels, eventually giving up and turned on Adult Swim, letting the "unlimited 'Rick and Morty' on loop" play.

smiling slightly at the familiar characters on screen, you felt even the slightest bit more comfortable in the position you were seated in: lying on his bed with your head propped up on one pillow, the other pillow laying in-between your arms and legs, which were pulled up tightly to your stomach. 

slowly, however, you couldn't stand the nagging, stinging feeling in your abdomen.

"nggh- fucking...girl shit-"

you whimpered, wanting nothing more than for Kurt to get off of work faster. You squinted at the episode playing, looking at the corner of the cheap TV to see the time: 4:45 p.m. He should be home in fifteen minutes, at the latest

And, a few minutes later, you could hear his clumsy footsteps tramping through the hallways of his small home.

"babe? babyyyyy-?" he said, softly as he opened his room's door, to reveal your scrunched eyebrows and slightly pained expression.

"oh, Jesus, what's wrong, baby?" He gasped, matching your expression as he sat on the bed next to you, wiping the hair from your face almost shyly.

You lolled your head up to look at him, trying your best not to whine, to which you failed: "Kurt, babes, i'm on my period.." you groaned once more, clutching your lower stomach.

To this he paused, eyes widening at your words. "o-oh," was all he said turning pink. he ruffled his slightly  greasy hair, and you winced in pain again. 

"oh."

He quickly took one of your hands in his, and you pulled it away, only to put your head on his lap. "is there any way you could go grab some stuff for me? i have things in my bag." He nodded, then frowned.

"what exactly do you need? I don't really know much about the whole 'period' thing, my mom never taught me much about it." you could see him turn pink just at the mention of the word, so clearly he had some sort of understanding of the concept.

"tampons. a liner, maybe. ooo, and my pain killers. those are the shit."

he blushed, but nodded, quickly running off to find your orange backpack decorated with multiple pins, and a 'virginity rocks!' lanyard a friend had given you a while back, to which Kurt always found somewhat ironic in more ways than one.

a few minutes later you heard his feet in the hallways once more, only to be greeted by his frantic stuttering:

"s-so I couldn't- i didn't know which ones you wanted- s-so I brought all of them."

he wasn't lying.

dropping the handful of supplies down on the bed next to you, you slowly and painfully sat up to be greeted with every tampon, pad, and pill bottle you owned. You also noticed he had a small pack of gummy bears he had been saving for later with the selection as well, and a small smile crept onto your face.

"Kurt."

He glanced down at you at the sound of his name, clearly nervous. you noticed the next episode of Rick and Morty had already started playing, the noise of Beth and Jerry's voices whispering throughout the room. 

"i'm fucking in love with you."

To this he paused and turned red, chuckling. climbing into the bed with you after you had taken the pills and done your business, he made it very clear that you were not permitted to cuddle any of his pillows. only him.

nestled up next to your musty, greasy, gamer boy you sighed in content, watching TV until you both fell asleep. happy, and in less pain.

"i'm fucking falling in love with you more and more every day too, y/n."