Chapter 24

RAHEEMAH
"Mubeen baby, Mubeen Habibi" I keep on singing because he has been throwing tantrums and refusing to cooperate for the photo shoot.
So today marks precisely 40 days after Mubeen was born. We're trying to take pictures at the studio. I had to feed him twice before the photos were taken the way I wanted it to be.
We drove back home looking all exhausted, I laid Mubeen on his bed because he's already asleep. I then quickly made some noodles for us, which we subsequently enjoyed.
I was also expecting Zee and Khalil today. If you can remember they were absent during my wedding. At that time they were preoccupied with their final year exams.
I can't wait to see them I thought!

They did not take long to show up. Meanwhile, Umma also sent us some delicious "Masa and miyan taushe".
We are all deep in conversation laughing and enjoying each other's company when they both told me their wedding date has been fixed.
I wasn't that surprised because i knew of it.

The next day seems busy too because It is a tradition for a woman to visit some of her relatives after 40 days of giving birth.

The last house we visited was that of my in-laws'. Hajiya was overjoyed to see us. I went along with lots of gift and this made her more happier.
We came back home after Isha prayer. I don't have to prepare dinner because we already ate.
After taking a rest, I left Mubeen with his dad and went to the kitchen to clean my fridge before calling it a day.
******

Perhaps the largest transformation in a person's life occurs when they get married, and no matter how prepared one is, you will always be caught off guard. When you start living with your spouse, changes are inevitable. Some will bring you joy, while others might challenge your patience and sanity.

When you first get married, your spouse will gradually learn about your strengths and weaknesses. You will reveal your most private secrets to one another as well as information that you may not have before shared with anyone. There will be times when you will question whether disclosing everything was the right move, but that is the nature of marriage. You will need to have complete faith and confidence in your partner in every circumstance. Though initially it will be difficult, everything will then eventually come together.

Friendship is a wonderful thing. The first few days after marriage will be nothing but pure delight. You would learn new stuff that may not have been noticed up until then. Everything in the private world you lived in alone, including your bed and chamber, will suddenly contain two people. And there will come a time when you'll long to be alone for a while, just like you did before you got married. And a sense of remorse would strike right after such thoughts.

In a typical situation, the amount of work that two individuals are responsible for would reduce. not in matrimony though. Every day goes by and you will see your shoulder increasing amounts of responsibility. When you are married to someone, you also have to take on the duty of taking care of their needs. Additionally, your partner will need to follow suit. The burden of responsibility can occasionally feel unbearable, but if you do a good job, the rewards will also be numerous.

On a final note, like I said earlier No marriage is happy all of the time. "Like all relationships, it has its own ups and downs".........