Chapter 12

The united nations declared today 11th of October, as the International day of the girl child.
It is a day set aside to celebrate girls around the world.
This scheme is espoused to draw attention on the challenges facing female child all over the world.
The day helps in raising awareness on issues facing girls in terms of education, nutrition, child abuse, legal/medical rights and many more. It also promotes the girls position in the society to make their living better among people.
      #Girls should be supported and given equal opportunity to develop their skills in other to achieve all their goals in life.
Let's All celebrate IDGC
Happy IDGC
©Rukaiya Ahmed Alibe

Ahmad's POV
I was having a sweet conversation with my princess when I made up my mind to tell her the reason I called.

"My princess you know what?
Abba wants me to get married,and am just confused".

"Married ya ahmad?? She said in a shocked voice"

"Yes dear, but he said he will give me much time to find the right person. I already got one and it's you. So what do you think?

"Dear, am short of words, seriously I don't even know what to tell you"

I took a gulp of my coke before saying " OK OK let's change the topic I know you are feeling nervous"

"Yeah better" she replied yawning.

"Feeling Sleepy??"

"Yes dear"

"Alright, Good night,have a sweet dreams full of me"
"Sure Goodnight ILY"

"LY more"
Raheemah's POV
The next day
I have been so tired today.. Aysha our maid has been off for holiday.

I made breakfast, wash the dishes and did some dusting&mopping.

After I made sure everything is OK,  I sat on one of the cushion in the sitting room to watch a movie.

Umma's trouble came up to mind which made me laugh..she has been dramatic this days, a slight mistake will make yell without getting tired.

Seriously, This baby is troubling her  "wishing you a successful delivery dear mom" I prayed and concentrated on watching an indian serial movie "geet" in MBC Bollywood.

"Sallamu alaikum I heard a familiar voice sallamed.

Its Bilkisu " yeeyyy wa'alaikumus salam, welcome sweetheart" I said excitedly.

Dallah chan "don't welcome me joor, haka akeyi? No calls, no visits no anything....

I cut her off saying " sweetheart take a chill pill and have a sit first"

Obviously I intended to visit you next weekend, I even told umma, believe me I added.

"Urmm, I see. If you like don't even come"

"Haba mana bilkin Mahmud.

"silly girl she said and slapped me playfully"

"Hahah, the girl is blushing"

So How's anty and my little hajju"

"They are all fine..is umma around? Let me greet her"

"No.. She's out with Abba to stroll around"

"Oh okay"

"Let me get you something I said and stood up...I come along with some dambu(meat floss) and a glass of water"

"Yummy,my favourite she said enjoying it

Kinsan mey(You know what?) Raheemah, Mahmud will introduce him self to my family next week"

"Woooah, Masha Allah,oh my God....am so so happy for you"

"Thanks dear, can wait for yours too, I pray Ahmad will also soon come for it"

"See you...spare me am not ready abeg , you know what bilki? Something has been bothering me this days. I have been receiving SMS for the past two days. I then explained the whole thing for her.

"Hmmm, ikon Allah...did you tell Ahmad?

"No I didn't, and I don't think i will"
"But why?? Try informing him, it could be a girl that loves him and whom he might know maybe..girls of nowadays can do worst than this"

"Hmm,and you're right...thanks for reminding me"

"Yeah talkless of someone as  handsome as him" she said teasingly

"Urm urm...don't even start"

"Hahah someone is jealous"

"Oh yes agreed and i thank God since its not crime to get jealous over whom you love so dearly"

"Lol lover girl, wait Mahmud is  even calling, I think he has arrived"

"What do you mean? Don't tell me you will be going"

"Yes of course" she said as she stood up"

"Eyaah...so quick haka"

"See you? At least I have tried,bye"
"Wait let me take my hijab and escort you"

I locked the door and went out, we exchanged pleasantries with her fiance and bid them good bye.

Not long enough, Mallam garba stormed in telling me I have a visitor.
I smiled (thinking it was ya Ahmad) and adjusted my hijab telling him am coming.

Who I saw made me tremble into fear. Y...o...u?? What are you doing here?? I asked keeping my distance.

(Sadeeq is here,you guys already know him and his plans, so no need for me to give you the details again)

"Calm down Raheema, am not here for a fight or an argument. Just....

so he even knew my name, I said to myself.

"Mr Man I cut him, don't even start..I seek Allah's refuge from any of your devilish act. You can't deceive me, go away. I said Sternly

"Listen pls...

I cut him off again saying "Just Go away" and rushed in.

Out of remorse and disappointment, Sadeeq struck his right hand against his car. How did she learn that I was planning something against her? he wondered.

"Why won't she.. Every body knows you for your evilness..just be patient with time you will succeed" His inner self blurted.

He smiled wickedly and left instantly.
End....

***
Please, do Vote, comment and share to you loved ones. Thank you for reading and goodbye.
With Love from Rukeey.