Chapter 12: One more drink

Lucy was out with her fellow dancers at the mall shopping for clothes and maybe lingerie.

The blonde was rummaging through the racks of clothing, finding something she likes when suddenly she heard her name being called.

Lucy looked up and saw a girl with long blue hair tied up in twin tails. She looks familiar but Lucy can't seem to remember her name.

"You're Lucy-san right?" The girl smiled at her in glee.

"Uhhh... do I know you??" Lucy nervously chuckled.

"Oh, Sorry." The girl backed a few steps away. "I'm Wendy, Natsu's cousin."

"Ohh." Lucy gasped. "You're that girl at the grocery store."

"I'm the one who loves Takis." Wendy giggled. "You're one of Natsu-san's friends right?"

"Sure, you could say that." Lucy chuckled.

Wendy smiled and chatted with the blonde for a bit. She greatly enjoyed her company.

"So you're in medical school," Lucy said.

"Yup, I'm in my 2nd year." Wendy nodded. "It's really difficult, would not recommend it unless you really really like it." She chuckled.

Lucy giggled in response. "I never finished college."

"Really?" Wendy gave the blonde a sympathetic look.

Lucy nodded. "My mom got sick and it's just the two of us so I ended up dropping out and started working, then a friend of mine recommended Amber Sin and honestly it's the best decision I've ever made." She smiled.

"Juvia-chan's really kind and sweet." Wendy giggled.

"She really is." Lucy giggled. "I'm gonna miss her."

"Did she leave or something?." Wendy arched a brow.

"Madame left, she said it's some family business and she might be gone in a couple of months, she actually gave us a little bonus before she left and that's why the girls and I are here."

"I see." Wendy lowered her head. "Juvia-chan never talked about her family that much, I feel like it's a very sensitive topic for her, I believe that's where all her sadness dwells."

"So you noticed it too."

Wendy nodded. "I hope she gets better after her trip."

"Me too." Lucy nodded. "After everything she has done, she deserves happiness."

"It's a common theme about us. There are certain instances where happiness is the one thing we simply can't have." Wendy lowered her head.

"That can't be true."

"Unfortunately it is." Wendy smiled bitterly. "Happiness is short-lived, love isn't something you can hold onto yourself forever, it will inevitably get taken away."

"It must be though." Lucy nodded. "But even if you have a limited amount of time with someone you care about, I guess the least you can do is make the most out of it. Sure, the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows but that doesn't mean you have to be miserable."

Wendy smiled and laughed wholeheartedly. "You're right, Lucy-san. Thank you."

"This is nice but unfortunately, I have to go." Wendy stepped aside, preparing for her descent. "I had fun, I hope I get to see you again Lucy-san."

Lucy smiled and waved her goodbye. "Likewise."

------

"God it's weird sitting here when she's not around." Natsu chuckled.