10. Now or never.

Abir.

"You could've been arrested Abir!" Kunal screeches as he looks at me pointedly.

"Well, I'm not. I'm here in front of you."

"What was the need to bash him like that? And what about your match? I thought it was important to you." It is.

"Yes Abir. You could've shown your heroism somewhere else. Definitely not where you could be disqualified." Alwin joins with Kunal this time.

"Guys I know I hurt him and that's wrong but I don't regret. He fucking deserved it." I remember Sam on the ground, lying and screaming in pain. No, I don't regret breaking his nose.

"God forbid.." Kunal mutters and leaves me alone with Alwin.

"Okay he's hates a brawl."

"And you?" I know he doesn't enjoys too. Even I'm not keen on it either.

"Not when I'm involved." He chuckles and I shake my head. "What is it that you aren't telling us?"

"Nothing that you shouldn't know. This guy, Sam, he has always been a pain to me. He was responsible for my previous injury during one of our practice matches. I don't get what he gets out of messing with me." I can't help but think why he hates me so much. I've done nothing to earn such hatred from a human.

"You punched him for that? A Revenge?" I can't tell him the real reason. Sam received the blow truly because of his blunt remark on seeing Mishti's picture which I was scrolling through my cell. He didn't need to comment on anything but when he did, I'd lost it.

"May be. I'll get going, Mishti would be waiting."

"You've got it bad, man." He smiles approvingly.

"What?" I fake nonchalant.

"Mishti. Even she looked a bit lost without you here." It pleases me to know I wasn't the only one feeling that way. I just wave at him and leave to meet her. God, I'd missed her and I'm beginning to admit it to myself this time. I can't wait to see her again after arguing with my brother. I hate it when he's mad at me. Even Mishti guessed that I had fought.

Do I look like a rogue?

Mishti is seated at the same place I've left her. She hasn't moved. It gives me a moment as I stand there to study her from afar. Her laptop has her whole attention on whatever she's been working. Beautiful eyes focused and screws it a little while concentrating, her lips stays as a thin line. She looks frustrated over something.

She's wearing this light blue full sleeved blouse paired along with a white pants. Those simple clothes looks extraordinary on her. Words fail me as I think of a word to describe her. The necklace suits her perfectly as I thought it would, adorning her slender neck. It also matches with her ring. I realize I can't stand there forever, it's going to be past evening. I took too long with my friends.

First thing when she saw me, she started to remove her necklace and luckily it isn't easy to take off without help. It's too short to open it herself. Telling the jewel is specially for her, I coaxed her to move out as it's getting late.

Noticing the crowd outside, I ask her if we could wait some more until they move but she's adamant to leave. I let her walk before me not wanting to lose her in crowd, she'd probably kill me if I told her that. Abruptly she stops, standing still. I tighten the hold on her shoulder, while she places one of her hand on mine. She doesn't seems to walk further. Sensing her unease I call her.

What?

"Mishti, walk quick." She turns a little when I shout at her. She's not responding and I'm beginning to panic. I ask the people to give us a way and force her to walk forward which she does finally. Once we're off the crowd, I move around to look at her face. I had kept her close and felt her shivering throughout our little walk. Her eyes casted downwards, she won't look at my eyes.