13. New beginnings.

Mishti.

"Am I dreaming?" I ask as I catch my breath. This is insane, I've never been swung by anyone before. Okay, lastly it was my father who used to play with me like that when I was 10 or something.

Abir lets me on my own and I see the best shade of his brown eyes as they shine from the moonlight. I stand still while he places his hand on my arm to pinch me.

"Ouch." I screech, trying to stand straight.

"No, you're not. I know you tend to daydream often but that's not the case now." I decided to believe him because I'm hearing him talk, I had felt his hands tightly wrapped around me and I could feel the pain in my arm. Not to forget my aching leg.

I'm trusting my senses today.

"Abir why are you here?"

"I missed you." My jaw drops at his abrupt admission.

"Erm, we talked a few hours ago."

"Yeah, we did." Oh. "I thought I'd meet you before I go for my semi-finals."

"Semifinals? That's great news. You are going to be good as always."

"Thanks." I move back a little realizing our closeness.

How did he know about this place? I'm sure I didn't mention it.

"I never gave you the address," I say it more like a statement.

"Your brother helped me." Karthi?

"Are you guys talking?"

"No. It was only your dad I talked to."

"What?"

"Nothing. " It seems he didn't mean to tell me, he brushes it off jokingly but I knew better. He was ignoring me all this while. Did he really talk with my father?

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Are you going to invite me in or do you want me to leave the same way I came by?" I smile at him. Abir is here, in front of me, wanting to be invited.

I move to a side gesturing to him with my hand to walk inside.

"I think you should come along. How's your leg?" He points at my bandaged leg.

"I can walk." One of his hands held my left hand and the other gripped my arm where he pinched me earlier. He rubs on it lightly. "It didn't hurt." I lie.

"I know." He smiles at me again and I'm grinning back like the fool that I am.

I hope Karthik would be cool about inviting Abir. If it was my parents, they would not be pleased. Calling my brother through my phone, I ask Abir to sit who is busy looking around the place.

Karthik walks down the stairs screaming a random song, embarrassing himself. He asks me about the call still not noticing Abir. Sighing, I walk towards Abir to get his attention.

Finally, he has eyes for both Abir and me.

"Hey, is this a surprise? " He begins.

"Abir wanted to drop by," I say because I had to. This is the first time I'm having a guest. I see my brother smirking.

"That is so sweet of you Abir. Mishti's perfectly alright if you wanted to know."

"Hey man." Abir gets up from his place and they bump their fists. "Glad to find her in a better state. As often as not, she has the habit of scaring the people around." I hear him complaining.

"I totally agree." Karthik nods at Abir.

"What are you both talking about?" I stand in between both the men facing each other now.