ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6

A/n: why do yall hate childe so much lmao? He's an asshole in this chapter but it's kind of his personality

Anyways here's chapter 6!! Sorry for not updating for a while
.
.
.
.
.
.

I went back to the kitchen and continued cooking like nothing happened. But xianling noticed that i was acting strange.

"What happened between you and that customer at table #? Wasnt he your friend childe?" Xianling asked unexpectedly while washing the dishes.

"Nothing." I lied.

"Are you sure?" She asked "yes I am."

"Then why did you avoid him? And you act weird." She stated

"First of all I didn't avoid him. Secondly, I'm just tired."

"..."

I just ignored her and finished cooking the last dish for the day. Then we started washing the dishes. After I finished I carefully placed them on the counter.

I waved xianling a goodbye and left the restaurant since it was already evening and my work hours were over. I was exhausted and just wanted to go home. This day was just a big misunderstanding.

As I was walking towards my home I saw an expensive restaurant. Only the richest people in teyvat eat there. I wanted to eat there but I can't spend a lot of money on anything before I repay my debt. One day when I repay my debt I'll treat myself to dinner there.

Well that was obviously a lie because I don't make enough money to eat at expensive restaurants.

But the thought of eating all of the delicious food in a nice restaurant made me smile

Unfortunately I saw a familiar man. My smile faded immediatly when I saw who it was. I really didn't want to run into him again.

"Childe? Archons I'm so lucky today, this is the 3rd time I'm seeing you!" I said sarcastically but he responded seriously.

"I'm glad you miss me. Would you like to join me on dinner with pantalone? Of course its on me!"

Does this man seriously not understand sarcasm?? Does it look like I want to go to dinner with him?

But now I can't refuse because he's with pantalone!! I don't want to get on his nerves considering I'm in debt to him. I just want to go home..

"Sure" I forced a smile

As we were walking towards the restaurant I randomly asked childe a question.

"Where do you work?" I never actually got to know him concidering we are 'friends'.

"I work for the fatui and sometimes I manage the northland bank. Why do you ask? If you want to get to know me we can hang out more often." He said teasingly.

He manages the northland bank? So does that mean that I'm also in debt to this ginger bitch..? I just hope that he doesn't know about my debt.

We walked into a stunning vip area and saw pantalone sitting at the end of the ivory table.

"Good evening y/n. I wasn't expecting to see you here." He said politely

"I invited her here, shes a very close friend of mine." Childe emphasized the word 'very'.

"Do you know eachother?" Childe asked

"Yes, she's in debt to the northland bank and we had lunch once." Pantalone didn't seem bothered by childes childish behavior. He was probably used to it by now.

Shit.. now childe knows about my debt.

"Oh? So she's in debt to us?" Childe's smile grew wider

"She's in debt to me. Not to us, know the diffrence childe." Pantalone said with a stern voice

...

The atmosphere became so much more tense so quickly.

Even childe didn't say anything. I just tried to ignore everything and looked at the menu. Everything was so expensive I'm so glad I don't have to pay.

My smile grew wider when I remembered that childe was paying.. so I might as well order the most expensive meal!

The most expensive meal wasn't my favourite but as long as I can get revenge on childe it will be worth it.

The waiter came in and we all told her our orders.

I glanced at childe to see his reaction when I told the waiter my order but he didn't even care.. I was so disappointed.

I didn't even get a reaction out of him and now I'll have to eat something I don't even like..

After awhile pantalone asked me a question
"So, how's the restaurant doing?"

I was taken aback by the question because I really didn't want to tell him that I was struggling to repay the debt.

"Well.. it's not the best.. and someone in liyue spread rumors that our restaurant is unsanitary."

Childe was holding back his laughter since he knew very well who spread those rumors.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. Just remember that the offer is still valid." Pantalone said with sympathy

"Thank you.. I'll consider it"

The rest of the dinner was normal. Childe was talking about his family in senzhnaya and occasionally I said a few words.

.
.
.
.
.
.

I hope yall enjoyed this chapter because I didn't lol

I had to rewrite and edit it so many times