Chapter 5

So, running for presidency? Not as easy as I thought. But in life, the things that are the hardest to achieve are usually the best.

It was that weekend that I stood at the polls, well, at the stands more like, as people asked me many MANY questions about my programmes and what I wanted to achieve and change about the government and hence the country.

"Well," I said, my minions backing me literally, all standing around me at my back, "I want to decrease taxes, increase fellowship, and make summer and winter camps to brainwash the people,"

The publicity people looked at me with confused raised eyebrows, and a minion nudged me, indicating to me I had said the wrong thing.

"What do you mean by brainwash-?"

"Brainwash! I mean RE-EDUCATE them in more social aspects which they're poorly lack,"

Which means, I thought to myself sneakily, a small grin climbing up my lips, they'll praise me like a king.

"Are you aware of the politician you'll be going up against?"

"I'm WELL aware of him, Mr Poops A Lot, yes?"

"Er..." The woman in the crowd that had asked drawled out, "I think you mean Greg Heffery?"

"That is what I said," I said in a cold but still sharply smiling attitude. A few more of the news reporters raised their hands to ask questions and I only rolled my eyes exasperated, saying as I waved them off and entered back to my stand, "No more questions. Answers are on the leaflets for Gru as president."

They seemed annoyed and disappointed, but like I was saying, I did not care. My main goal was getting the public vote and I was targeting the easiest of the voters – by getting to their children.

As I walked behind my stand, my minions were busy handing out flyers and leaflets, so many that they were blowing in the wind like heavy dense rain.

"Greg Heffery..." I muttered to myself, annoyed at even the mention of that name, "What does he have that I do not?"

One of my minions said to me, let me translate for you, "Age?"

"Age, huh?" I replied with a smirk and went on, "THAT will be his downfall."

I chuckled darkly to myself and my little yellow minions joined in, that we were so loud you could hear us a mile off.

We all froze though, the minute the very man we had been talking about had passed us.

"Good day, young rival," He said with a soft warm blink and his hands behind his back as if he was going for a nice stroll, "How are you finding the day?"

One of my minions mumbled something in response and the man only laughed, but it was obvious he had no clue what Ryan the minion had said.

"Yes, yes, heh heh, good point, little boy!"

"Boy?!" Ryan gasped back, getting very annoyed at the comment and three other minions had to hold him back from punching the guy.

"What do you want, Greg Heffery?" I asked in a spiteful tone and he only chuckled kindly in return.

"Just wishing the competition good luck!" He said cheerfully and nodded his head to us before carrying on his way.

"Juss goood luc?" I mimicked him in cold sarcasm and my minions all laughed around me.

"Mel!" I suddenly yelled at one of my minions and he stiffened up, trembling as I eyed him, "Have you been keeping check of the statistics and poll numbers?"