12

As Arabella began to gain her consciousness she felt a weight on her stomach.She raised her head just to see JJ sleeping with his hands around her waist.He felt her moving so the blonde boy immediately woke up.

"I was watching you but then I fell asleep-" He says alarmed.

"It's okay." She softly smiles."You stayed with me?"

"Of course." His adorable but attractive dimples show up.
It was already dark outside,which meant she was out for some good hours.The stress and anxiety all added up which lead to her tiredness.

"My mom!" Arabella realized she was supposed to be home a long time ago.

"Calm down,Kiara talked to her mom and she gave us your mom's number.So she called and told her you're staying with us."JJ informed her.

"Thank you."

"I think we should talk about what happened." JJ changes his tone in a serious one,his face expression showing he is in fact not joking anymore."Look,this isn't the first time you had a panick attack."

She sighs before speaking up." I was diagnosed with anxiety when I was around thirteen after I had an anxiety attack in the school's bathroom, because some girls locked me in there.I was on medication for almost three years until my dad died.That's when I stopped taking them because they stopped working." Her bottom lip trembled.

"I was bullied in school for being 'mentally ill',they called me crazy and out of control just for taking medication.When my dad died,it was my last straw.So i just stopped taking them." She holds her sobs in.

"Why didn't you tell us?" JJ asks.

"Isn't it obvious?You were the first people that acted nice towards me,I couldn't risk to tell you that and leave me or make fun of me." She avoided his stare.

His jaw clenches at the thought of how badly she was treated just because of something she cannot control.

He hugs her from behind resting his head in her neck "There's nothing wrong with you.You are just too kind and been going through some hard stuff ,people are fucking rude and frustrated enough to take it out on a nice person like you."

"JJ?"

"Yeah"

"You kissed me at the Red Field light house."She brought the subject up.

"Well yeah."He states the obvious.

"Why?"

"Because I really like you,you're like the first girl I ever liked."He gets up from the bed right when John B,Kiara and Pope are revealed after the door slowly opens itself because of the open window letting the wind enter the house.

"I told you,I knew it.So give me the money." John B smirks.

"Well I thought it was gonna take longer for him to confess-"Kiara says but stops once she notices the door was open,slowling turning her head in their direction.

"Shit." Pope swears.

"Did you put a bet on us?"JJ asks in disbelief.

"You woke up!" Kie exclaims changing the subject "I was so worried."She rushes to Arabella's side and hugs her.

"Hey easy,easy!" JJ warns her.

***

"How much was it again?"JJ asked as they all sat on the dock.

"Four hundred mil."Pope answered his question.

"Alright,let's talk the split.Now before we say evenly,may I remind you that I am the only one who can properly defend us from those square groupers which,were after us...Protection?Not cheap,okay?." JJ explained.

"You haven't trained." Pope pointed out."You've done zero training."

"Youtube,bro!That's at least 5% bump right there.Any objections?Didn't think so."

Kiara raised her hand and Pope answered "yes"

"I don't hear any,so..." JJ ignores them.

"What are you gonna do with your 80 mil,Pope?" Kie questions him.

"Pay for college in advance.And also textbooks.Those are expensive."

"What about you Kie?"Pope asked Kiara as Arabella zoned out.

"Bella!" Kiara called out and finally caught her attention.

"What are you going to do with your part?"The girl smiled in her direction.

"What part?I didn't think-"

"Don't even think about that,you are getting exactly the same amount as us.You are officially a pogue."John B interrupts her.

"You are our little sweet pogue princess." JJ jokes kissing her forhead."I know what I'll do.I'm gonna get a big ass house on Figure Eight,with a big library for Arabella and go full Kook."

"You're gonna go full Kook?"Pope asks.

"Yup.Gonna get a marble statue of myself then I'm gonna get a koi pond.Put a bunch of those fish-"

"I'm never visiting." Kie cuts him off laughing.

"Don't worry,JJ.I will be visiting." Arabella quietly laughs.

"There's no need to cause you're already living there so.."

Hearing his sweet words her cheeks heat up hoping the dark hides it.

"What are you gonna do JB?" Pope questions him too.

He turns to face his friends smiling "To going full Kook." He holds out the can in his hand to us as they all started cheering.

It was late,Arabella was in the guest bedroom tossing and turning until she heard the door that opened.She felt someone laying down,his hands going around her waist from the back.

"Hi." JJ softly said.

"Hi" She said back.

"You know...earlier when we got interrupted I started saying something."

She turned her whole body and looked at him,they were so close she could feel the soft tickle of his breath beneath her nose.

"Yes."

"I wanted to say that I really like you.That you're on my mind every hour of the day,that-"

He got cut off by her hands grabbing his head and locking their lips together.Her lips were warm and soft ,they parted slightly allowing his tongue to slip inside.

Their bodies were pressed against each other,adjusting hers on top of his.Breathing heavily as their lips pressed together.Warmth blossomed in Arabella's chest.The vanilla scent of her conditioner was dizzying as her wet hair was hanging over her shoulders.He caressed her on the back his hands moving down to her ass.A little moan escaped her,making him groan into the kiss.

"I was your first kiss?" He asked after they lips parted from one another.

"Yes." She hides her face in his neck.

"It didn't feel like it was your first kiss." They laughter echoed through the quiet night.