INTERSTELLAR

Zecor wanted nothing to do with his lineage. The Galra were a cruel and awful race of aliens, their wants and needs only being to take over the galaxy. None wanted to get to know the aliens who they overtook and even less wanted to try to build things without tearing others down. Victory or death. No other way of life was possible.

So, he left. Out in the night and taking a random pod he could barely control. He was only a young teenager when he escaped the clutches of the Galra, with no one to help him and nowhere to go. He was forced to find somewhere to hide — to build a new life all his own and have a new start. However, every part of the galaxy knew the Galra. They knew the cruelties his race had left in their wake and even more sufferings left behind. Zecor couldn't blame them much for pushing him away, but it really did make his life even worse. How could he start anew when everyone hated what he was?

That's when he stumbled into the Blade of Mamora. A place where people like him could help fight against the cruelties his kind had created. A place where he could save people and really truly start over. No one there judged him for being frail and lanky, nor did they care if his teeth weren't as sharp or his fur was fluffy. He didn't have to look fearsome if he was wearing the uniform, all he had to do was listen to his superior and get the job done.

That's how Zecor found himself stumbling upon the quiet and bruised princess awaiting her death. Even though she was his mark, he couldn't just leave her after the job was done. He knew he couldn't do it. But he didn't have to make a choice; Voltron had made sure of that.

Leora was not happy with her little predicament. She was supposed to be a feared race — one which struck fear into the hearts of many around the galaxy. They were quick, smart, and their relationship with nature helped them receive the gift of flight. There was no way the Galra could have overtaken her planet without them knowing.

Yet there she was, beaten, cold, and barely hanging on by a thread. The only thing keeping her going was the uncertainty of her being the last of her race. Surely the Galra hadn't killed everyone, right? Why else would she be alive? Though the thoughts didn't seem to help much when she was only vargas away from her death. In mere moments a guard would pass by her cell and pick her up by her hair to be brought to the arena where she'd be killed.

Because although Leora was convinced her people were smart and fast, they were not strong. Their strength came from unity and working together, not from fighting alone with brute strength and determination. She was also a princess; one that was not taught the wonderous forms of combat. There was no way she would survive there.

That's when her savior came. Dressed in dark cloth and eyes glowing purple, he slunk into her cell without a sound. He has just pulled off her chains when the ship jolted, and the guards went into lockdown-mode. Cold, shaking, and stuck with a quiet stranger, they then had to deal with the future fights that would ensue.

The paladins of Voltron did not expect to find a quiet stranger and a princess whilst they were taking down yet another Galra ship. It was just an in-and-out mission, no strings attached, but it seemed fate had other plans. The leader, Shiro, knew they couldn't leave the two of them to die or be found out by the Galra, it just didn't sit right to him.

But the two of them don't belong there. Leora needs to find the rest of her people and Zecor would do anything to get back to the other Blades. However, with a fight gone wrong, neither of them is in the right condition to leave the newly formed Voltron. The longer they stay, the more they're convinced that maybe they were supposed to help this new team.

Maybe, just maybe, this Voltron thing had a chance against the tyrannical Galra empire.

***

Zecor

The Thief"Yeah, right! Voltron's a myth

The Thief
"Yeah, right! Voltron's a myth. Nice try though."

*

Princess Leora

The Princess"Voltron? I've never heard of that

The Princess
"Voltron? I've never heard of that."

*

Allura
The Altean
"Welcome."

Coran
The Gorgeous Man
"Coran, Coran, the gorgeous man!"

Shiro
The Black Paladin
"She doesn't hate you. It'll just.. take some time."

Keith
The Red Paladin
"I don't care."

Lance
The Blue Paladin
"When I say "Vol" you say "tron"! Vol!"

Pidge
The Green Paladin
"So are your bones hollow or are they like normal people's?"

Hunk
The Yellow Paladin
"We're like a big happy family!"

***