1 HIGH URGENCY

A green flash and a rustling light particle formation indicated the departure of the unexpected guest. After the lending body, that the important visitor left behind, stretched out in the side room of the reception hall, the masterbuilder stared at the motionless figure for a few moments. He assured himself that the figure was perfectly quiet and was waiting until it was called again, after which he left the room to climb the ten steps of the centrally placed throne.

The masterbuilder Ardor received generous leniency for the meager reception because Kayros, the unforeseen visitor, thought it necessary to inform him of intruders in his realm without detours. A dangerous problem which meant that the coming ceremony, with Ardor as guest of honor, had to go ahead early. The powerful magician also said that Ardor's own astronomer-cartographer played an important role in the control of the threat.

The arrival of the magician, and in particular the news he brought, spoiled Ardor's mood. His rising restlessness was not only due to the wandering infiltrants within Marantium. What annoyed him most was the nonchalance of dealing with such matters without first informing him. The absence of tribute during Kayros' reception did not rhyme with his famous good manners and it broke his reputation of always having everything under control in every circumstance. The unpredictable course of events whitewashed him, admittedly, yet he could not, for the most part, take it easy for himself. Kayros added the name of the helpful cartographer to the list of invited guests, to the great annoyance of Ardor because the inexplicable use of time, of the latter, bothered him as sharp shards on his path. How could it be possible that such annoying imbalances could just pop up making the Amber era, although it went well for the rest, yet threatened to go into disarray.

Ardor took the register between his claws for the third time, where the new name stared at him. All invitations for the early reception were mentioned in it, of which a third were intended for his very best assistants. To his great sorrow, each of them had a good chance of being sent out by Mito, their all-representative of Di'aull. He stared sadly at the register list, because just as on previous occasions, through this party he risked losing valuable employees again. Such absurdities he preferably jerked immediately with root and all out of his existence. Since this was not one of the possibilities, he was forced into a strategic and systematic approach by the pressure of the variety of problems which confronted him. Thus he repeatedly tested the ragged issues by their urgency and importance. Alt-hough the astronomer took from Ardor the honor of being the first to deal with the intruders, he stood in the favor of Kayros, as a result of which the builder temporarily put his wrathiness aside. The acute danger was avoided without his help, so that he now had the luxury to let the matter sink in while he devised a suitable counter-attack. Against his own nature, he called an archivist to postpone the rest of his further appointments, after which he descended the stairs again and left the square room. The bewildered officer stared after him, wondering what he should do with the rest of the waiting.

Although he was horrified by changing appointments, he realized that his important reputation did not weigh heavily enough to evade his duty by his respect for the hierarchy of things. He was thus forced to prepare himself for the departure of some loyal workers. To make matters worse, a nonsensical rule of secrecy made his considerations unnecessarily abstract because he could not know who the chosen ones were. Sighing deeply, he floated in the direction of his stay to prepare for the event so that the era could be closed properly .

In his private rooms he took the trouble to use a mirror. Despite the fact that this act seemed completely unnecessary, thanks to his exceptional perception of awareness, even he could overlook some embarrassing detail, due to the recent distractions. He strode to a monumental cupboard to glide into his gala coat, the perfect medium to express his will.