27. Kindnapped Wei Ying

The footsteps were a rampage coming from the side of the quarters. The students were leaving their rooms in the middle of the night? First, a single person ran, then a few other disciples joined him and then all did. It might have been a loud sound but it was distant which is why it was faint.

Wei Ying pulled on his inner robe tighter and got up from his work table to go find another layer of robe. But he paused at the entry. There were a lone pair of steps running towards Dengshi. Lan Zhan was sleeping as the haphazarded running got further and further away from them and the single person ran up their abode. The disciples outside were in a state of chaos but he still didn't want to wakeup Lan Zhan. Lan Zhan had slept past his usual time after they had spent a long time kissing and being with one another. When they rested, Lan Zhan's eyes started to drop and he declared he had to work on the body talisman.

He told Lan Zhan exactly what he was going to do before Lan Zhan went to sleep. He was still working when the first disciple began to run. If he had been sleeping, even he wouldn't hear the sound. He tiptoed in at first but the sound began to near, so he hurried to the back screen and pulled on another robe.

The disciples were raising voices now. The bell rang and his body glowed, blue and golden light  leaked from his body. Against his will, his golden core was being sealed and his body was going to immbolise. He recognised the two talismans on his body, mixed with the soul separating talisman. He knew from the first looks that the extra marks meant more talismans but he been able to neutralise some of the extra cuts thanks to Lan Zhan. The core sealing was ineffective but since it glowed to alert him, he'd have to play along.

He knew what was going to happen in a moment. He flicked his wrist and pulled the tracking talisman Lan Zhan had infused under his talisman while Master Mo possessed his body. As the joss paper flew between his fingers he looked back and called loudly, "Lan Zhaaa...."

Lan Zhan opened his eyes but that was the last he saw of Lan Zhan as his eyes lost focus, his tongue fell down and his legs became heavy.

Lan Zhan saw a bright blue and yellow light as soon as he opened his eyes from Wei Ying's call. But he looked around, but no one, instead, a pair of steps ran up to the door and knocked loudly.

"Hanguang Jun. There is smoke coming out of Master Mo's quarters and he is not inside. We have looked everywhere but we cannot find him." Zizhen reported urgently.

He pulled on his robe at the end of the bed quickly, fixing himself before he ran out. Half of him worried that Wei Ying was in danger and other half of him wondered if Wei Ying had gone after Master Mo.

"Come in." he called, turned and went behind the screen to find only Wei Ying's outer robe. He remembered Wei Ying had gone to work in his sheer inner robe only. He summoned the tracking talisman but nothing came to him.

Relieved, he hurried out, "Call for Master Wen."

Zizhen rushed away toward the guest quarters as the sound haphazardly running around Guang Zhi Jia neared his abode. He crossed the courtyard to the pavilion and waited. The construction had just been completed a few days ago and tonight would be the first gathering, a hunt for Master Mo. 

While his heart was in turmoil, he saw Shizui rush to the front steps of Deng Shi and pause at the open door. The boy looked about and found him. Shizui hurried to the pavilion and others who saw him rushing to the pavilion rushed after.

"Hang...hanguan... jun."

"Calm," he instructed and Sizhui straightened with a large breath, "Master Mo is missing."

"So is Wei Ying," he responded before the others could join Sizhui. Sizhui looked surprised but he turned quite realising there was much he didn't know.