15. Blood Curse Confession

Lan Wangji had a sense of anger and anxiousness mixed together as he sat opposite Wei Ying. Trying hard not to crumple the paper in his fist. He needed to regulate his qi, calm down, settle whatever had happened to him, and figure out what they had to do next to settle this matter.

He still remembered what it felt like, his consciousness subdued to follow Master Mo's command. He had felt nothing for Wei Ying as he was getting ready to tell Wei Ying to leave his quarters. More so, he remembered feeling annoyed and angry at Wei Ying for being in his bedroom. Though the feelings were not his, they felt like his own at that moment.

The fact that he had these feelings shocked him out of control right before he saw a thousand needles of resentment pierced him. He had called Wei Ying to stop him because he didn't need the cursed forced out, the ribbon would do that anyways. For a moment he thought Master Mo had controlled Wei Ying too. But the resentment severed the blood bound control out of his body while the ribbon forced it out of his mind. The next moment, Wei Ying fell off the bed. If he hadn't caught Wei Ying in time, he was afraid to think what would happen to his frail body.

He needed to protect Wei Ying at all cost. Now more than he had ever needed to do. Guilt filled him when he thought of what Wei Ying was going through just to be here. In fact, Wei Ying was the one protecting him. He had felt his heart soar when Wei Ying confessed, even if it was a joke and his heart crashed every time Wei Ying pulled away.

The paperman wriggled and he opened his fist to look at it. He pinched the sides with his thumb and finger, feeling anger bubble up again. It made him mad to think he was about to throw Wei Ying out. But now that it had happened once, he won't be caught off-guard again. The paperman was burnt and shriveled in multiple places with Wei Ying's earlier force. 

He closed his eyes on the bed and took a meditative position. As he regulated his qi, he also thought of what Wei Ying had done. The paperman from earlier, doused in Wei Ying's blood was trapped inside Deng Shi, its connection to Master Mo hadn't broken, only temporary left useless. Once the blood had dried off, Master Mo had established a connection once again but this time, he had used the paperman's arm to draw a new talisman over the old one. The one that pierced Lan Zhan's consciousness, making him a human paperman.

He knew Wei Ying understood what had happened to him and saved them both in time. It seemed like Wei Ying knew this would happen, or at least he knew this could happen. Was Wei Ying's right about Master Mo's crush as well? Thinking about it only annoyed him instead of embarrassing him, now more than ever after this incident.

"Lan Zhan..." Wei Ying crocked and he left his bed quickly to lower himself besides Wei Ying. all night he had hoped that Wei Ying would come around but Wei Ying's recovery wasn't easy.

When Wei Ying had passed out, he had transferred energy but his energy was pushed out. Wei Ying's body was resisting him. But it also told him that Wei Ying's vitality was alive, trying to heal itself, fighting within. Instead of worrying, he had set himself to the task of cleaning Wei Ying.

Now, his body was as clean as everyday bathing body. The dead skin and broken parts were clean and thus more visible. Wei Ying's body looked like he had been through a battle. No surface was left unscathed.

There was a slight hollow on the side of his head, where flesh and blood were completely scrapped off to expose his skull. But the skull was not broken which meant it would eventually heal too. Only, it was glaringly visible now, over his left eyebrow, opened up to the temple and little under the hairline.

All the cuts under the sheer black robe were seeping blood. Looking at Wei Ying's bloodied naked body had killed him. Tears had mixed with water as he cleaned Wei Ying. When his hand passed at Wei Ying's chest, his back, and private areas, his hands trembled with want. Pain and guilt at his own untoward thoughts rushed forward and he covered up Wei Ying quickly.