Promise me in silence

Karishma used to love Haseena, but she never expressed her feeling, because Haseena and Anubhav were married. Anuseena were happy in their married life.

Over the days, Karishma had become abnormally quiet, which didn’t  go unoticed by Haseena. It was now really difficult for her to overcome her emotional turmoils. But to her bad luck, she had to unwillingly shift to Anuseena's house as Anubhav was going for a mission.

After a week

Anubhav had already gone for a mission. Haseena and Karishma was staying together. One night, Karishma entered Haseena’s  room and saw Haseena starring at Anuseena's wedding album. Karishma slowly went towards her, and back hugged her.

“Bhaiya ki yaad aarahi hain?”

Haseena nodded positively with brim eyes.

“Aap please fikr maat kijiye…Anu bhaiya jaldi se jaldi mission complete karke sahi salamat aapke pass aajayeinge….bholenath par bharosa rakhiye…”

“Hmm" it was the only response that KS got.

Karishma slowly came forward and sat in front of her. She made Haseena looked at her and wiped off her tears, with her thumb and engulfed her into a hug.

Haseena too reciprocated the hug, hiding her face on KS shoulder and weeping silently. They remained in that position for quiet a long time.

“Aapko pata hain Haseena…” Karishma whispered, they were still hugging each other “Tears are not the sign of weakness , but of the courage of keep going…by the way, it is also the great way to detox and make yourself believe that nothing will happen bad in future..kuch nahi hoga…aap samjh rahi hain humari baat ko?”

Karishma’s  word acted as a soothing effect on Haseena. It calmed her a lot. Haseena broke the hug, and looked at Karishma with a warm smile. She nodded in understanding.

“Thank you…for making me calm. I am truly blessed to have you in my life as a friend…”

Karishma gave her a forceful smile and got up from the bed. Haseena held her wrist to stop her, “Hum bohot dinno se dekh rahe hain aap bohot chup chap si hogayi hain. Khoi khoi reheti hain? Kuch pareshani hain, aap hume baata sakti hain…” Haseena said in a soft voice.

Karishma nodded negatively and mumbled starring at the floor “nahi…hum actually, bohot thak gaye hain…chaliye soo jaate hain…” saying this she moved out of the room. Leaving confused Haseena behind.

“Aap esa kyu karti hain? Kuch pareshani hain toh hume bataiye na? Hume jab zaroorat hoti hain, aap bina bole samjh jati hain…you stand by me always…par jab baat aap pe aati hain…you create a distance..kyu Karishma? Hum pata laga kar raheinge….baat kya hain…” Haseena gave a deterministic look.

On the otherside, in Karishma’s room
Karishma was moving too and fro in her room. To control her emotions.

Unknown to her tears had already rolled down her eyes.

“Humare saath hi esa kyu hota hain?” she mumbled.

“Hum nahi dekh sakte Haseena ko takleef mein, par jab unke paas jaate hain…it’s become really difficult for me to control my emotions…hum kya kare? Hum unse baaya bhi nahi kar paa rahe hain…na humse raha jaa raha hain….ghutan si hone lagi hain hume aab….”

Karishma sat down on the floor, holding her head . She was totally unaware of the fact, that someone was closely observing her. Karishma was in her whole world. She took out a piece of folded paper from her purse. She unfolded the paper slowly and was lovingly looking at the paper. The paper had a beautiful sketch of Haseena, which KS had drawn.

“Aapki smile bohot pyaari hain, Haseena.  Aap iss smile ke piche toh kitne dewane hain, aapko pata hain?” she was talking to the page. “kaise pata hoga,  aapko toh Anu bhaiya ke siva koi aur nazar aata bhi nahi hain…koi baat nahi…Anu bhaiya bhi aapse bohot pyaar karte hain. I am happy for you both….par, aapko batana tha kuch…aapke dewane ke line pe..ek esa insaan bhi hain…jo kabhi bhi aapna pyaar jaahir nahi karega …aapko pata hain woh kon hain?...woh hum hain…” she chuckled in between her tears.

Haseena was standing numb. She couldn’t  process what she was seeing and hearing.

Karishma on the other hand, being totally lost in her world. She kept the page close to her heart and closed her eyes…

“Hum kabhi nahi bataienge aapko, ki hum aapko kitna chahate hain…kya hoga baatake…it will just make our life complicated, nothing else….

.......woh pyaar kis kaam ka jo sabki khushiyan cheen le…khilte huye pal ko murjha de…..kuch  khwaishon ko adura chor dena hi behatar hota hain…

Aankhein mich jaaye jo ujaalon mein
Kis kaam ki aisi roshni...

...bhatka ke naa laaye jo kinaron pe
Kis kaam ki aisi kashti...

“Par iss dil ka kya kare…yeah toh aapse beintehaan pyaar karta hain…I love you, Haseena and I will always do…par…”
she wiped off her tears with the back of her hand “ I want you to be happy and you are happy with Anu bhaiya….humara kya hain, hum aapko khush dekhar khush hain…bohot khush hain…” but her face was not matching with the words , she was saying.

She felt two strong hands wrapping her around her neck, engulfing her into a tight hug. She very well knew, who it was her. 

They remained in that position. None  of them spoke a single word. Sometimes silence can be the greatest means of communication between two souls.

Karishma felt relaxed and found peace in HM arms.

They slowly broke the hug and looked into each other’  eyes. Their eyes conveyed thousand of emotions, that their lips could never express it.

Karishma gave her a warm smile, as she got her answer, all her doubts were clear. Haseena’s  eyes expressed it all. Haseena placed a long soothing forehead kiss to KS and said in a understanding tone…

“Let’s  love one another, but make not a bond of love…
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of our souls,
Let’s  fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup ,
Let’s give one another  our bread but eat not from the same loaf,
Let’s be happy and joyous but let each of our soul be alone  ,
The strings of a  lute are also alone,
Though they quiver with the same music…”

Karishma smiled wholeheartedly, she held HM hand and pressed it little in acceptance….

The two souls knew that they are meant for each other. They have such a pure and unmatchable bond, that cannot  be expressed in words. They silently promised to stand by one another for lifetime...They promise to love each other...They promised to be one's soulmate...they promised all the vows in silence.....the silence that gave them divine peace...

It’s  not always necessary to name a bond…sometimes, it just must be felt and accepted…..A silent love is the most beautiful kind of all….

Silent Love is a deep, silent lake. We can see it and feel it, but we cannot grasp it. It fills us with an emotion that is so strong and pure that we are no longer ourself, but the embodiment of love itself.....

The end

Do comment your views about the part...and also you can suggest some more ideas about my upcoming shorts.