October 23, 1504

When Papa told me that he was going to take a special birthday trip, I was happy for him. But then he told me that I would be coming along, and I could bring a friend. It wasn't too much of a surprise when I asked Law to come with me and so we packed up and took a day trip out to the vacation spot. 

Except "vacation spot" was an understatement because as soon as the island came into view, my mouth dropped as I stared at the sandy beaches, green jungles, and a huge resort with tons of rooms in it, multiple swimming pools, a waterpark, and several restaurants to enjoy and eat at. 

Before Law and I were ushered onto this grand island, Papa told us what we were to expect: Him and the other top officers, so Trebol, Pica, Diamante, and Corazon, had plans until the evening where we would go and have dinner with them. Until then, we could enjoy whatever we wanted, no matter what it was and no matter the cost, all before leaving the evening of the next day.

So here we were, Law and I, unsupervised on a giant vacation island. And unbeknownst to anyone else, we were still in the first early weeks of our relationship. Honestly to me, it felt like a dream as I gazed around the hotel room that we would be sharing. It was quite big to be honest, bigger than the room that all of us kids sleep in back home. This room had two very large beds with lamps on either side of them. To the end of the room was a couch and on the opposite wall, a desk. There was a balcony outside the two double paneled windows that had a small table with two chairs, looking out towards the coast and the ocean beyond. Near the front entrance was a door that led to the bathroom which on the inside had a little closet for towels and robes, but that wasn't the most impressive thing. Not only did we have a huge bathtub, but also a shower with a ton of sprays on it so you could get wet from any angle!

"So which area do you want to explore first?" Law asked me. He was sitting down at the desk, looking at a binder that the hotel provided for us, explaining what fun activities were available on the island. I was laying back on one of the beds, enjoying how comfy and soft the bedding felt like, admiring the ceiling lights and how if I squinted my eyes a certain way, it would twinkle.

"I kind of want to go swimming. Didn't you see that huge waterpark?" I answered.

"Well then, let's go off to the waterpark first! But we'll need to change." Law turned around to face me.

"That's no problem!" I giggled and smiled, already looking for my swimsuit in our trunk.

Eventually after some time, the both of us left our room with the hotel's blue and white striped swim towels and in our swimsuits. It took us a while to get to the waterpark due to the many signs and walkways we could take. I tried to lead Law one direction while he pulled out the map he took from our room and pointed us to another. Needless to say, he was correct in which path to follow. Eventually when we heard the sounds of water splashing and people screaming, we knew we were in the right place.

The entrance to the waterpark looked like a tower bridge that could have been made over a hundred years ago. However, because of some history that Law learned by reading the binder in our room, this whole resort was only about 10 years old. 

Upon passing the entrance, a man in a blue shirt and khaki pants stopped us. "Hold on, you two. If you want to go inside the waterpark, you'll need someone eighteen or older to go with you."

We didn't say anything as Law held out a piece of paper to the man, stating who we were and that because of who we were, we could go anywhere. The man took it, read it, and as his eyes widened, he looked up at us and apologized. "I am so sorry! If I would have known!" He reached back behind a desk and grabbed two different color wristbands. "Now which one of you is Donquixote Fallon?" I raised my hand and smiled as he placed a yellow wristband around my right wrist. Taking the red one, he wrapped it around Law's wrist and handed him back the paper.