Chapter Twenty-Eight: BONUS CHAPTER: Coronation Ceremony

Coronation Ceremony

I walk arm-in-arm with Shadow down the halls. Soon, we arrived at big, white, and gold marble doors. The Queen made her big announcement, and then the doors opened wide.

"Just walk to the alter. Everything else is taken care of." Shadow says, smiling. Then, like magic, he disappears from my side and appears, standing by his wife, Alessandra.

I look around and see many people cheering around me. I take a deep breath and walk towards Queen Sara. I glanced around more as I walked and saw many faces of the La Nuit family. Some I've met before, and some that I haven't. I finally reached the altar and smiled before the Queen.

"My fellow people -" She shouts and draws a silver sword from the altar. The moment the sword was drawn, the crowd silences in awe. "It is with great honor that I am honoring Aubrie La Nuit, the Duchess title of the royal family of La Nuit." She then walks around the altar in a large, pink, and purple ballgown with a beautiful attire of cherry blossoms being animated along her dress. Her dress was like coming from a fairytale.

"Aubrie, do you swear to love, honor, and cherish this family?"

"I swear, my Queen!" I say loudly for all to hear.

"I hereby grant thee, Aubrie La Nuit- " Sara says as she rests her sword on my left shoulder. "The Duchess title of this royal family, in the Kingdom of La Nuit." She continues as she moves the sword above my head and rests it on my right shoulder. She then moves the sword and rests it back on the altar. She then nods her head for Alessandra to put a beautiful gold and purple jeweled crown on my head. When she finishes, she moves out of the way to stand slightly behind Sara.

"Please rise, my friend," Sara says, smiling at me. I rise before her. She then looks to the crowd. "I have one more surprise for everyone: we have another family member joining in our family!" The crowd uproars in cheer. "She is this woman's best friend, and they come from the same family -"

Right then, I knew what she was going to say. I couldn't stop smiling, becoming excited, and turned around to see my friend.

"It is with great honor that I honor Lucile La Nuit, the Divine (Goddess) title of the royal family of La Nuit!" Sara shouts. Right then, the doors opened once more. And I see my friend dressed beautifully in a mermaid dress that was an all-white and gold-laced ballgown. She approached me, and I couldn't help but exchange a hug with her. I was happy with the new name for her, too. It truly fitted her well.

Lucile (Janja) looked at Queen Sara happily and then kneeled before her carefully in her dress.

"Lucile, do you swear to love, honor, and cherish this family?"

"I swear, my Queen!" She screams happily.

"I hereby grant thee, Lucile La Nuit- " Sara says as she rests her sword on Lucile's left shoulder. "The Divine (Goddess) of this royal family, in the Kingdom of La Nuit." She continues as she moves the sword above her head and rests it to the right of her shoulder. She then moves the sword and rests it once more on the altar. She glances at Alessandra once more for her to put a beautiful all-golden crown on Lucile's head. When she finishes, she moves out of the way to stand beside her husband.

"Please rise, my friend," Sara says, smiling at her. Lucile and I both looked at one another and then reached for each other's hand to hold. We watch as Queen Sara goes around to the side and sees Shadow stepping in and walking to the middle of the altar. Two wine glasses appear on the altar, and Shadow pulls out a drink from a hidden compartment. He then pours a drink into the silver wine glasses and pours for both of us.

"Greetings, my fellow people and family-" He shouts for all to hear. "This drink is a wine that blesses these two beautiful women. It is from us, our family, that we give you this drink to welcome you to our family and to give you a new outlook on life. Our way of life in this kingdom, where we call home." He says, nodding for us to drink the glasses.

We both reach for our glasses and smile at one another.

"To our new family!" I say as I wait for Janja for her to cheer with me.

"To our new family!" She shouts. We then clicked our glasses and drank the wine. We feel a small warmth in our bodies. When we finished our glasses, we raised our drinks and shouted together, "To the Kingdom of La Nuit!"

Everyone then roared in cheers and cries. It was a celebration for all! Queen Sara then concluded the ceremony and had everyone join us in the reception hall to welcome us two to the family and to celebrate our new beginnings.

It was a wonderful night of partying and enjoying one another's company. Often, I was offered to drink more, but I declined due to my situation. It was hard, though, as Lucile didn't know my surprise pregnancy. As I sit on a similar throne to everyone else in the family, I look around and admire the atmosphere. It put a smile on my face, and I feel like it was a good choice to be where I am today.