Chapter Sixteen: Before The Ceremony

Aubrie's POV

The day had finally arrived, the wedding day! The six girls and I began getting ready in the bridal suite, while Janja was next door getting her spa massage of pampering. The girls decided to put on their makeup and gossip a little bit about the eligible bachelors in the families.

"Can you believe that there are so many eligible men going to be here!" Froot speaks first excited.

"Oh yes! A lot of us single girls are ready to meet our future husbands!" Said one of the other girls shrieking with excitement. "Got to make sure my breasts look amazing to show off," She continues stuffing her dress with some extra padding.

I smile enjoying their conversation and continue with applying my eye makeup. My dress was already on and all I had left was my eye makeup. My hair was showing off half up and down messy braid with some gold hair pins along my braided sections.

Froot glances over to me and points in my direction. "And this girl, it seems that 'The Don' Galante has his eyes for her!" They all giggled as I continued my eyeliner. "Nonstop, the last two weeks he would send her flowers and would almost beg to see her."

I finish my makeup and turn on my bar stool. "Yes, he has been kind and courteous, and he did help me by bringing me home from our group party. But he is a little older... I just don't see us working well together," I say honestly.

One of the younger girls lets out a sigh, "Honestly if you don't want him, I'll take him off your hands." She speaks openly. We all giggle and the girls continue with their gossip. I finish my makeup right as the doors open to the bedroom and we see Janja coming in with all her makeup and hair done in a high bun showing off her golden crown. She was wearing a see-through robe showing off the white lingerie that she was going to wear under her dress, and she seemed slightly down. I stand up to adjust my dress and approach her slowly, "Is everything okay, Janja?" Normally in front of people, you would call her 'The Donna' but it was just us girls and we don't care about titles and all.

"I just am a little nervous about this ceremony. What if he doesn't show up and doesn't want to get married? I will be so pissed if he does something like that to me!" She says out of frustration and anxiety.

"Oh, come on, I don't think he will do that. Besides, you two have great chemistry that will last a lifetime!"

She then pulls me away from the girls and then whispers to me. "I found out Jake wants kids. After these last three years, I never once heard him mention or even having a thought of having kids. And I told him honestly that I didn't want any. We had a huge fight about it yesterday and he said that if I didn't agree with him, he wouldn't show up. I haven't talked or heard him since."

I nodded of understanding but was unsure of this moment. I glance at her with a smile on her face. "How about this, I will check in on him and let you know about it before you get fully dressed, okay?"

She nods happily to me and then walks off to pour herself a tall glass of whiskey. Noticing the amount being half a glass, I decided to hurry and run to check on The Don.

A couple of hallways later, going downstairs, and then another few hallways later; I finally reached the room. I knocked and waited for someone to come. The door opens partly, and I see a nicely dressed Simon answering the door.

"Hey, Simon. I was checking in on The Don. Is he getting ready for this wedding?" I ask quietly.

"Yeah, he is getting dressed as we speak, why?" He asked questionably matching my tone.

"I guess The Don and Donna fought yesterday. And so, she wasn't sure of the plans continuing," I say honestly whispering to not cause disturbance.

Simon glances at the guys and then back to me. "He's fine Brie. We will meet up with you later." He says with a smile and then closes the door on me.