Chapter Twenty- Two: The Rescue Mission

Ryan's POV

Later that evening...

I awoke to a screaming match between Jake and Janja. It was intense, and it concerned me. Jake was arguing that she hadn't been fulfilling her wife's duties for the family, and her argument was about finding our two family members, Alex and Brie. I wasn't too sure which side to go with, but since I feared Janja the most, I preferred being on her side. I got up to get another drink and listen to the conversation through the walls.

"I disapprove of you doing this! I don't give a damn that Ryan suggested going there. You don't have many men right now, and it's best to get all the facts." Shouts Jake.

"I did NOT go undercover the last DAY to find some information. Just so you can tell me no, I haven't been paying attention to you lately." She screams back.

"I am your husband! You are supposed to be obeying me!"

"Then divorce me! I didn't go through all this hard work to not even try to see if our family members are out there alive still."

"Janja! Wait! We had a contract agreement that you would take over this family when we got back so I could retire!"

"The fuck with the contract! Our friends need us!" She shouts as I hear the door open. "And fuck you too! I don't think this will work out anymore!" Then she slams the door. I can hear Jake throwing shit around, becoming pissed off over the matter, but I agree with Janja. This is very unlike him to not want to pursue this rescue anymore. Does he think that our friends are dead? And wanted to move on?

The door to the meeting room that I was in busted open with an angry Janja. I straightened myself up and then asked, trying to be calm, pretending I didn't listen to their conversation, "Are we going to the place?"

She walks to the cabinet and grabs a couple of rifles out. "Hell yeah. I don't care what Jake says anymore." She says rudely.

"I'll grab the map and have Simon meet us at the door," I say, then I call Simon to meet up with us.

We walk down the halls and see a couple of people avoiding us as we get towards the doors. Some men were wondering if they should follow suit. Simon then joins us, and we open the doors. Suddenly, we hear Jake come down the hall angry, screaming at the top of his lungs.

"If anyone follows these three, they will be signing a death sentence by this family!" He shouts and then points a gun pointing towards us three. Everyone was puzzled and confused. Suddenly, we see Jake struck with a dart in his neck and fell to the ground unconscious. We looked around and saw Niccolò holding the dart-weapon. I smile with a grin.

"Go find Alex and Brie. We will... take good care of our old boss." Niccolò says with a wide grin and chuckle.

We all nodded and then ran to one of Janja's black sports cars. We all got in as Janja took the driver's seat and took off speeding. She often would ask for directions to where to go, and Simon helped guide me as I loaded the weapons.

It seemed like a good drive, but we reached a one-way dead end of the road, unsure where to go. But to our surprise, it was an ambush! There were a few men dressed in black suits hiding their identities, standing up and aiming their weapons at us. One was in front of our car and fired their gun into the air. He shouted for us to get out of the vehicle and drop our weapons. We kept the weapons on us, and we slowly emerged out of the car with our hands up.