Chapter Twenty

⚠️ STEAMY CHAPTER AHEAD

Malin POV
· • – ٠ ✤ ٠ – • ·•· . ·' ♥ '· . ·•· • – ٠ ✤ ٠ – • ·

I returned to my room and made my usual medicinal teas to keep myself together. I coughed a few times, just a reminder that I wasn't getting any better.

I opened my bag and took out a new handkerchief to replace the bloodstained one.

I shook my head, I'm running out of time. We're running out of time.

I walked out of my room after only staying there for a few minutes for my medicine and to put my new book on my bedside.

I walked out of the door ignoring my bodyguard and went to the market. I needed to find Maria. We can't afford to have these few days' break.

We needed to move fast.

I kept looking at the shops one by one, careful to keep my head low and hidden by my hood.

I passed by vendor after vendor and all the kinds of fruits and vegetables manned by people calling for buyers. Finally, I saw a tiny shop with plants outside that looked to be a herbal shop. I walked towards it hoping I was lucky and knocked before pushing the door as it creaked open.

I was wishing I was fortunate enough to find that this was Maria's shop on the first try.

"Hello?" I asked and my heart raced suddenly and an overwhelming heat flowed through my body accompanied by little electricity shocking tiny parts of me.

Fuck, Natalia's here. I feel her.

Speak of the devil. She walked out of the back room. "What are you doing here?" she asked. She looked so beautiful with flaming red hair in waves behind her and her green eyes were narrowed as she looked at me carefully.

I looked away from her eyes. "I'm looking for Maria," I replied trying to control the heat that was spreading throughout my body.

This is ridiculous. It's like my body has a mind of its own. We were like magnets being drawn together.

Natalia looked at me and her face started to flush. She bit her lip and grabbed the record book tightly but never took her eyes on me.

"Just tell me where she is so I can leave, Natalia," I groaned quietly and stepped back but my feet wouldn't move.

Natalia blinked a couple of times. "S-she's--" then she groaned and closed her eyes tightly.

She looked so hot and bothered that I was flooded with the urge to just push her against the wall and free us from our misery.

I shook my head as I was becoming more overwhelmed. My pants started to tighten and I clenched my jaw trying to control myself. It would be too embarrassing to walk out of here with a boner.

"Shit," she moaned and put down the record book on the table to clench her fists.

I started to pant with need. I shouldn't have come here. I should've just waited for Maria, but I knew I was doing the right thing, we don't have time.

I looked up at Natalia with her eyes covered with pure lust. My hands started to shake with unbearable desire running up my body.

I took an unconscious step toward her and she watched my boots take a step forward closer to her as she breathed heavily.

"Malin," she said, her voice coated with need but mixed with a warning.

I shook my head. "I can't," I said as I was slowly giving in. She looked at me with those eyes, those beautiful hooded eyes.