The Last Challege

I woke up at the crack of dawn, it was a nice morning, the sun was rising and I could even hear birds singing. But then I came back to reality and realized what was going on. Today could be my last day of life. I desperately tried to push back these grave thoughts but I quickly lost my battle. I got up and went to get water and berries, even though I felt like throwing up. I ate slowly in silence staring at the ocean, mindless thoughts running through my head. I saw something in the distance and noticed it was a boat speeding toward me. I walked closer to the beach and hopped on the boat. The ride only seemed like five minutes but I knew it must have been a lot longer. When I arrived on the island I saw Jeff and the other two survivors who were Angie and Jocelyn. Over the game, I have stayed good friends with Angie, but ever since we got into the finals everyone has been quiet. We all walked towards Jeff and stopped at our spots. "Welcome to the final challenge Survivors. I hope you are well fed and rested because this challenge will push you over your limits both physically and mentally." Jeff said this, and of course with his signature smirk. "First you will have to race each other to where I'm standing and dig out two bags, whoever gets the bag to your starting mat moves on to the next section. Whoever does not make it will be eliminated, and remember the two people who make it past this challenge won't be done yet, good luck survivors. Go!" Jeff exclaimed.

 I raced to Jeff and then started to dig

I raced to Jeff and then started to dig. I looked up and saw Angie running with the first bag. This made my heart rate speed up because this meant there was only one bag left. I then saw Jocelyn grab onto a bag and start to run. I quickly ran to Jocelyn and tackled her to the ground. I was struggling against her, both of us were fighting for our lives. I somehow managed to grab the bag out of Jocelyn's hands and started to run as fast as I could, hearing Jocelyn just a few steps behind me. I was only a few feet away from my mat and suddenly Jocelyn tackled my legs. I somehow still was managing to inch towards my mat. My fingers were so close to the mat. Jocelyn suddenly stood up and tried to drag me back, but I took advantage of her off of me to run to my mat. Then I looked down and I was on my mat. I was so relieved yet sad that I had led Jocelyn to her death. Right as I was thinking that I heard a loud sound and Jocelyn was on the ground, her blood stained the sand red. "Congratulations winners, now time for your next and final challenge!' Jeff exclaimed. We followed him to the next location. When we arrived the only thing I saw were two seats facing each other. Jeff told us to sit down and started to explain what challenge this was. "The final challenge is for you two to decide the winner because we don't have a jury. You will have only five minutes to decide the winner, if you don't decide by that time then you will both be eliminated from Survivor. Good luck, your time starts now." I look nervously at Angie, not knowing how to start this life-changing conversation. "Who do you think should win?" "I should." Angie said confidently. I didn't know what to say after that. "I think you should too." I said in defeat. Angie then looked up at me puzzled by what I just said, "Why would you agree with me? You are supposed to fight against me and tell me that you should win!" "I don't know, I mean I think we both deserve to win but we have to decide." I said sadly. "Have you made your decision yet?" Jeff questioned us. Angie nodded at Jeff's question, and I looked at her in shock. Before I could say anything Jeff asked us who we chose to be eliminated from Survivor, and Angie answered, "I choose to be eliminated." Jeff nodded. I remained speechless and suddenly Angie was on the ground. I looked at her and started to cry, both in victory but also in sorrow for her. I looked up at Jeff and saw him again smirking. "Congratulations you have survived and now you are the Sole Survivor!" Jeff told me. I nodded at him but I felt too sick to speak, I just wanted to go home.