Chapter Thirteen

"Stop Draco!" Hermione screamed. "Draco please stop!" Her laugh filled the room of requirement as he tickled her. "Draco please!" Tears fell from her eyes as she laughed harder. Smirking his famous smirk, Draco buried his face into her neck, as Hermione regained her breath and wrapped her arms around her slytherin.

The past week had passed in a blur. That day Hermione found out, she had spent the whole day with Draco in the bathroom until he had awoken. Once he had, Draco explained about his mark. "He threatened to kill my family and I, if I didn't take the mark, Hermione. They are all I have. Please believe me love." His voice cracked as his grey eyes filled with pain and sorrow. Even if they didn't love him, or care about him, they were still his family. She could only cry into his chest at his pain. Hermione stayed in his arms until they both had calmed down.

Their lips sealed their promise. They promised each other, that they would always love each other no matter what happened. Draco also promised he was only doing this to keep her and his family safe. They promised, to believe their real selves, not the ones life was focusing them to be. Hermione knew the true Draco, and she knew what was inside his heart, that he was telling the truth. Hermione believed him with all her heart.

Draco's lips moved over her neck softly, causing a soft smile to peek on Hermione's face. They laid on the couch in the room of requirement as a fire burned keeping them warm. He continued kissing her neck as Hermione rolled up his sleeve and traced the dark lines of his mark. She could feel him shiver at her soft touch.

"I never thought something this terrible could be touched so lovingly" Draco said moving his head to rest on her chest, listening to her heartbeat. One of Hermione's small hands stroked the mans platinum hair as she whispered to him.

"Marks are not signs of weakness, they are signs of survival and endurance." Her voice filled his ears over the crackling fire. As the brutality of the war got closer, Hermione began seeing things and people in new lights. "Draco?" She asked. His eyes move up to her in response. "When the war hits here, which side will you fight for?"

He closed his eyes for a moment as if thinking over his options but once he spoke, he had no doubt. "I will fight for you. For what is right." This made Hermione's heart fill with warmth as she kissed his head.

He closed his eyes as Hermione stroked his hair. His muscles seemed to relax under her touch, while they listened to the burning fire. In the comfortable silence, Hermione began to think. There was a boy who lived and a boy who had no choice.