part 9

-recap-

"All I've been given after you took me that night is lonely memories. After your little angel Yuki came into view I was pushed aside and found myself in a pit of mistrust. I thought I had found a nice place, that I was safe from all the worries, but I felt even lonelier than when I was at the auction. ? To hurt me even more?"

"No, just the opposite... I wanted to let you know who you are and one day you'll know why I behaved this way. And maybe you'll also find out right away the truth between you and mine since day one was something that keeps us from forgetting each other."

I can't say he wasn't right about this because he was also the person I always wanted to keep close to.And did not want to miss in my daily life.But that's not the case at the moment, because he decided to "protect" me in this way as he calls it.

"Kaname, this is no longer the case with me. It may have been true in the past, but now after all these years, everything has changed. And if this was all you had to say, I'm going now."

"You know that's not the truth y/n. Your eyes say much more than your words and you know yourself that you can no longer avoid me. And soon enough you will be back in my arms."

Y/n's .p.o.v..

"Oh, I was avoiding you?! Says the person who pushed me aside and now suddenly said back to you. At least you're not the only one, because I don't think my so-called Vader and Yuki know that I exist either. Everyone did the same as you after Yuki, so why am I coming back. As I said the one who was there before me was Zero. So who are you to say such things KURAN!!"

I saw Kaname turn white when I said his last name, but it didn't bother me.
Not even a little bit.
And after that look, I decided to end the conversation.

"From today I don't need to hear from you anymore Kuran. We are strangers from now on. And to be honest I hope it stays that way, have a nice day!"

I turned and walked away from Kaname.
I myself didn't even look back at Kaname as I walked away and sighed after a few minutes of relief.
Maybe now it's finally over and I don't have to worry about anything anymore.
If I'm being very honest, Kaname was the person I looked up to and always held his hand to keep him close to me.
But I think that after years of disappointments, I just didn't want to open my heart to it anymore.
That's why I pretended I didn't see him for years.
For years I watched him move me with someone else..
My heart breaking every time I saw him.
The fact that I always wanted to build a relationship with him, but first I wanted to see if he was really open to it.
In the two years before Yuki came to our house, I really didn't want to be without him for a day and I would have preferred to build something with him, so that I didn't have to be so angry with him.
Yet I can't change the way he treated me like a princess for two years and I never gave in.
Or that he gave me presents for no reason at all to cheer me up and I don't dare open them myself yet.
I tried, but the fear of what was inside was too great.
The gesture behind each gift could have changed my mind instantly.
Nobody knows that I kept the presents because I hid them far from our house.
In a beautiful cabin that was once my escape when not to face Kaname and Yuki.
Kaien was no longer so important then, because he had already broken his promise much faster.
Still, I think I'm ready to finally open them now, since they've finally come to an end.
So I decided to go to the place where I had those unmade memories.
My feet moved on their own to the place I haven't been in five years.
While walking my mind was turned off and only looked around a bit.
I had forgotten how beautiful the path to the cabin was.
There were animals everywhere and I sometimes saw a firefly flying by.
I remember I used to find this place by losing myself in my thoughts and basically just bumping into it.
Since that day I've made it a bit...to my taste.
And refreshed of course.
I might have been nine years old then, but I also had enough willpower to make a new place for myself.
Although many things were already there and I just spiced it up without permission from the person who had done that of course.
Only now do I realize how much I really miss that place.
Maybe because it's the place where I can be on my own a bit and be who I want to be.
Here no one can judge me by who I am.
After a while I finally arrived at the beautiful cabin.

(Picture is on the beginning of this story.)