part 10

-recap-

I had forgotten how beautiful the path to the cabin was.
There were animals everywhere and I sometimes saw a firefly flying by.
I remember I used to find this place by losing myself in my thoughts and basically just bumping into it.
Since that day I've made it a bit...to my taste.
And refreshed of course.
I might have been nine years old then, but I also had enough willpower to make a new place for myself.
Although many things were already there and I just spiced it up without permission from the person who had done that of course.
Only now do I realize how much I really miss that place.
Maybe because it's the place where I can be on my own a bit and be who I want to be.
Here no one can judge me by who I am.
After a while I finally arrived at the beautiful cabin.

-Y/n's .p.o.v-

I opened the door and entered a comfortable environment with a familiar aura around it.
(A photo of the inside.)

I immediately felt at home in here and smiled a little

I looked around the hut and thought for a moment where I had put the presents.
Then I remembered again that there was a small cellar door under the mat.
After the thoughts, my feet moved again and this time towards the mat in the middle of the hut.
I stopped at the mat and pulled it away from where it was.
Under the mat was indeed the shelf to the basement and I opened the door.
When I finally got a view of the inside of the cellar, I was amazed at the amount of present I had.
I think there were at least ten or anyway, but I think it's just over twenty.
To be precise, there are twenty-three with a note on each present.
Not only that there was a number and date on every present.
It seemed like he knew I wouldn't open them.
I took each present out of the cellar one by one and removed the notes one by one from the presents.
Then I arranged the presents and notes in order.
I noticed that the two presents for my birthday came last.
I decided not to read the notes until after I had opened the presents.
I took the present with number one on it and started opening all the presents
In the first present I opened was a well-known bear.
A bear I've looked forward to when I was little, but never got from Kaien because he thought it was too expensive.
It was in the village nearby, but I can't remember Kaname being there.
I didn't think too much about it and started opening the rest of the presents until the two of my birthday were in sight.
Among all the gifts Kaname had given me so far was a memory from when I was little.
Stuffed toys that I'd stared at in the same store or told Kaname a little tentatively about.
Some books about a mysterious love between an angel and a vampire that for some reason attracted me very much.
Some stuff for my hair that mainly consisted of flowers..
I used to make a lot of flower wreaths to put in my hair..
Often Kaname would watch as I did that and say nothing.
I think he enjoyed the fact that I would hum without worry.
The last few things were different key, two keys came with something small.
One has a necklace and the other a small bottle with some liquid in it.
They were all special in their own way and I could hardly take my eyes off them.
Still, besides that, there was something about those keys…
A meaning I can't quite get my mind on.
As if it's something even older than my memories now...
Could it be that I have ever seen the keys for the auction..
No that is impossible.
How can that be the case.
I decided not to think about it anymore and to move on to the last two presents.
One gift is medium-sized and the other small and square.
I took the medium-sized present and began to open it.
Inside the package was a beautiful glass object with a rose and butterfly inside.
Along with the rose and butterfly, there were also lights that light up themselves.
It was a special item and I've never seen anything like this.
I don't want to destroy this item either.
It is too valuable and any gift should be respected.
That's why I put it away carefully.
Then I took the little box and opened it.
I opened it and saw a box inside.
It was like a present within a present.
So I opened the box.
In the box the box was a chain with a silver heart with an open keyhole.
And a ring with a beautiful blue color and stars.
Without thinking, I took both the jewelry out and put them on.
I thought they looked pretty good on me if I'm honest, but I definitely couldn't keep them on.
When I only wanted to take off the jewelry, there was no movement.
What weird jewelry!
Did Kaname use his powers on this to stick them to me…
Why would he do that.
I thought for a moment and then saw the letters in the corners of my eye again.
Maybe I can find the answer there.