Chapter 4

We pulled into the mall parking lot and easily glided into a front spot. It was a school day; the mall would be almost empty. Justin turned the car off and I reached for the door handle.

As my hand grazed the interior of the handle Justin leaned over and grabbed it. I gasped in surprise. He leaned his mouth closer to my ear and whispered, "I'm glad you decided to come with me."

I smiled. He was so sweet. "Me too," I quietly replied.

 I turned my face to stare him in the eyes. He was still close, closer than expected. Once again, our lips were only less than an inch apart. I pulled my face away from his and opened the door. I hopped out of the Rover and walked around to the back of the vehicle. I peered in the back window and saw Justin sitting in awe. I laughed to myself when I realized how badly I had baffled his mind today. It was fun. When he opened his door I quickly turned around and pretened as if I was never looking through the window. 

When he reached the the point where I was standing, I began walking. I heard him behind me. Then, suddenly, his hand was in mine and he was walking next to me. I shivered at his touch. I looked out the corner of my eye at Justin, he was grinning like a fat kid at a candy store.

We walked through the mall hand in hand, the whole time. I never pulled away and neither did he.  When he did pull his hand from mine I was shocked. I looked over at him and he was pointing at Lids and making a puppy dog face. I smiled and kept walking. Hot Topic wasn't too far away. After around a second or two I felt a hand intertwine with mine and before I knew it I was being dragged towards Lids.

When I finally pryed him away from the store he had 4 new hats... and so did I. I told him not to buy me anything but, anytime I showed any interest in one, he picked it up and handed it to the cashier. After the fourth hat I knew he wouldn't stop so, I stopped expressing interest. After the half hour we spent in  Lids I refused to let him enter any  store where shoes, hats, and skateboards were sold. By the time we were ready to leave it was six 'o clock. When we reached the car I hopped in and buckled my seat belt. Justin reached over and turned the radio on. I wondered why he didn't want to talk? He hadn't said much the whole time. I figured he had gotten bored.

 After a minute or two he recieved a text.  At first I was scared because I thought he was going to look at it while driving down the interstate. But, when he pulled over, I was impressed. He quickly opened the message and closed it. Then, swiftly touched the buttons on the radio until I heard a familiar tune.

Then, Justin began to sing,

"It feels like we've been out at sea. So back and forth thats how it seems.

And when I wanna talk you say to me,

That if it's meant to be, it will be.

So, crazy is this thing we call love

And now that we've got it, we just can't give up.

I'm reaching out for ya,

got me out here in the water and I,

I'm Overboard

And I need your love to pull me up,

I can't swim on my own, its too much

Feels like I'm drowning without your love,

So throw yourself out to me,

My life saver..."

By the time he had finished I was in tears. It was not only sweet but touching. I was at loss for words. No one had ever done that for me before. He was amazing.