Chapter 5

The next morning I woke up to my cell phone ringing...again. I groaned and rolled over to investigate. I immediatley smiled when I saw the text was from Justin.

Hey, be ready by one ;) - Justin

It was ten in the morning. I quickly responded,

I'm tired. "/ - Brycen

I stood up and walked over to my window that overlooked our driveway. Mom wasn't home. That was odd. After a second I walked over to my side window and peered out. Then, deciding that I still had three hours until I hung out with Justin, I pulled off the jeans I had fallen asleep in, and slipped on a pair of short shorts.  I shoved my phone in the pocket of the shorts, and retreated to the kitchen. When I reached the fridge I noticed a slip of paper under a magnet.

It read,

Dear Brycen,

Gone for the week. Some of the girls decided on going to Vegas. There is money for food all week, in the cookie jar. Don't spend it all at once. Remember, it has to last  you all week. Have a great spring break!

Love you!

Mom.

I gasped. I had totally forgotten it was spring break! That meant I had one whole week of no school, no mom, AND Justin lived a few houses down! This is going to be great, I thought. Just then, my phone started ringing again, this time, I noticed the ringtone was Overboard. I smiled, knowing it was the work of Justin, though wondering why I didn't notice it sooner.

Don't eat anything, I've got a surprise-  P.S So stoked, can't wait. -Justin

I smiled then texted back,

Oops...too late. Sorry.- Brycen

I headed upstairs again, ready to pick out my outfit. When I reached my closet, I looked out the side window, facing Justins house, again. I gasped when I saw Justin walking down the street. Heading. Towards. My. House.  Quickly without thinking, I ran into the bathroom and stripped off the T-Shirt I had worn yesterday and added a white tank top. Then, swiftly fixed my hair up into a bun. Right before I ran down the steps I grabbed some perfume and did a quick spray down, hair and all. Then decided on applying some eyeliner.

 As soon as I was finished I shot down the stairs. Right as the door bell rang I reached the bottom of the stairs. I scrambled for the door. I stood up tall and smiled as I opened it.

My smile faded when Cory entered my vision.

I groaned and rolled my eyes, "What do you want Cory? I'm expecting someone." 

He was smiling. Why was he smiling? It was starting to creep me out....

"Cory?"

"Uh, yeah," he started, he seemed nervous, " Did you go out with that Justin kid yesterday?"

"Yeah, so what if I did? What is it to you?" I honestly wasn't trying to sound rude but, latley he'd become really clingy. If we were going out I wouldn't have a problem with it but, we weren't so it was really annoying.

He didn't answer so I mean mugged him and started to close the door.  The door was a centimeter from being closed when a hand pushed it back open.

"What do you want?" I yelled.

"Uh,- I, uh..." he stammered, " never mind."

I stared after him as he walked away. He was really starting to piss me off. This time, I was actually able to shut the door.  I walked up the stairs and, once again, looked out the side window facing Justins house. This time he was walking away, back towards his house. I swiftly reached into my shorts pocket and grabbed my phone. I sent a quick message that read: