06

Wordlessly, Alex sat down in the opposite quad from the brothers and watched as Tangerine and Lemon prepared the dead boy so that anyone passing by would think he was fast asleep. Basically, Junior was indeed asleep, except Minegishis's son would never wake up.

"And the suitcase?", Alex wanted to know with all the chaos, "What happened to the suitcase?"

"Gone further," replied Lemon, who then looked to Alex, "You didn't happen to find it, did you?"

"Before I came to you, it walked past me," but Alex gave Lemon shortly after her answer, a sober look, "Would I ask if I knew where it was? Especially since, wouldn't I have given it to you by now?"

"Would you have?" echoed Tangerine, causing Alex to look from Lemon to him and put on a 'really?" look, "With what's in the case darling, some things are quickly forgotten."

"Oh, I'll keep that in mind," Alex countered with false friendliness, "All this world cares about is money. You know me all too well."

"I know," Alex's sly smile was returned by Tangerine, "I know darling."

Half the job had long since been blown, but the part with the suitcase had not. Salvage what needed to be salvaged was the motto. Find the case and kill the guy who stole it.

Since Tangerine and Alex's deal still stood, the latter held out his hand to the brunette and kissed her fingers after she took his hand.

A mistake, Alex thought, after Lemon had gone to the front and she to the back with Tangerine. Something wasn't right here. Not at all. First, Ladybug; then Lemon and Tangerine; followed by the yakuza chief's suitcase disappearing; then, his son bleeding from the eyes and not to mention, somewhere around here, another wasp or two running around.

Ah, all quite normal.