Chapter Three Part One: Stage One

Although nervous anticipation had been thoroughly building up inside Hela's head, today, she felt nothing but excitement. After several long, grueling days of training, Darth Vader had announced that morning that that very night, all of the contestants would report to their pods and wait for further instruction there.

She was currently in her cabin with her brother Eric, deciding what to pack for the fist stage. She was quite frustrated, glancing at her clothes the Death Star staff had given her. In one hand she held a temperature-controlling black bodysuit, in another she grasped a furry, white, warm and big coat that tapered down to her ankles.

"Which one?" She asked, thrusting her clothes at her brother.

"That one will keep you warm or cold no matter where you are." He remarked pointing to the bodysuit.

"Thank you for stating the obvious." She huffed. She had to admit though, he was right, no matter how much she wanted to wear the coat. Exhaling sharply through her nose, she tossed the coat indignantly behind her and laid the bodysuit on the ground, next to all of her other necessities. Among them were her weapons of choice, a smaller version of her father's staff, (she'd had no trouble learning to use it) and a crossbow with several large bundles of iron-tipped arrows. Also on the floor were water purifier tablets, (if there was any water, anyway) a small, sharp knife, some rope, a walkie-talkie her brother also carried, complete with batteries as well and a tent.  Putting all but the tent into a camouflaged backpack except the bodysuit, she slung it on one of her shoulders and looked at herself in her room's  mirror.

This'll be a piece of cake.

Twenty minutes later, as she and Eric clambered into the dark pods and shot off into space, she wasn't so sure of herself anymore.
The pods landed on a rocky ground and opened up.
"Whoa, where are we?" Hela said in sheer awe as she poked her head out of the tiny ship, squishing Eric in the process. The terrain was almost like a desert, with loose sand and gravel covering the ground beneath the pod.
"Hela, I wanna see too, get off of my face!" Eric complained. Hela hopped out and scanned the bright landscape.
"No water for miles..." She murmured softly. Eric was still attempting to get out of the tiny ship.
"Mmph, hey, wanna give your brother a hand?" Hela was still paralyzed looking at the expanse of land.
"Oh, right." She acknowledged Eric and last and pulled him out.
"Helheim." He cursed.
"That's what I was thinking." She agreed.
"We better put up that tent you took, huh?" He sighed. A bell went off in Hela's head. Was that still on the bed?
"Heh, what would you say if I, I don't know, left it on the bed in my cabin?" She admitted sheepishly.
"You did WHAT!?" Eric fumed.
"It was right there and then the PA went off and then I left without taking it!" Hela choked.
"I can't believe you just-just-FORGOT! I KNOW YOU'RE IRRESPONSIBLE BUT SERIOUSLY!?"
"I'm sorry, okay?"
But as the brother and sister bickered and blamed, about five miles west landed another, more prepared, duo.