A Searing Burst of Lights : part 1✨

(A/N little guide over here ('monologue/thought') ("Conversation") because the rest of the story will be told as a 2nd POVish? idk I'm not a good writer ಥ‿ಥ)

-----------------------------------------------

'Darkness isn't always something I'm afraid of, actually, I quite enjoy the darkness, there is something oddly comforting about it.

when I'm older I learned that darkness is a place and it fascinates me even more, call me crazy for finding heaping mound of darkness full of monsters is fascinating but there is something, something in there that's pulling me in.'

from inside the carrier on the war to Kirbirsk you can hear thunder rumbling, it wasn't like it was about to rain or anything, it was The Fold.
not only that you can also hear the Growling of the volcra lurking in the dark.

you sit beside your friend Alina while drawing, you see her shading her map. it looks good, she is one talented motherfu-

"Alina, how can you do that in here?" Alexei looked at Alina, bet he feels dizzy already, feeling the harsh shake from the carrier.

"Bumps help with texture." Alina just Focus on her drawing.

"Well, yours look amazing, mine just like a giant turd" you scrunch looking back at your drawing of the Fold and comparing it to Alina's, she chuckles at your word.

"she's right, The Fold looks different on mine." Alexei compares it to Alina's as well, while she scoffs continues with her drawing

"I need to get a better view from your country." a boy in front of her said, you don't know them, to be honest, you don't know anyone here except Alina and Alexei, and this dude had the audacity to such commented just because she's half Shu.

you furrow your brow glaring at the boy and smack him on the head "She grew up here. you dickhead Come on!" you see Alina shift uncomfortable on her seat, so you send a smile her way.

"The Shu Han didn't want her either." another one commented, you snap your gaze at the other guy and raise your hand as if you want to smack him as well but you stop as soon as he flinches and covers his head, you snicker as well as Alina.

"Cartographers, listen up. We're almost there." the rider opens the little fabric that cover the front part of the carrier.
"Pack up and be ready to leave.
And if you lose anything, you will not be getting a replacement." as soon as she said it, you hurried to pack your equipment into your bag and prepare for your stop.
You've been assigned to join the first army with the cartographer unit, so as soon as you come down from the carrier you are greeted by miles of mounding darkness thundering and the sound of eerie growl within. it reminded you of something you ask a while back ago.

___flashback____________________
you sit in the room drawing Volcra while Alina traces her fingers across the map on the wall. "Is it real?" she said

"Of course it's real." the headmistress of the orphan Ana Kuya "The Fold ate your parents.
It's the reason for many of the orphans here. People trying to cross. Taunting the Saints." she said and continue her embroidery.

Alina then turns to Ana "Then why cross it? Why not go around?" her question makes you stop your drawing, and you raise your brows.

"Read the map. The north wants our Grisha dead, the south guards its mountains. we have nowhere else to go." she stopped and looked at Alina.