We're All Someone's Monster:part 1✨

_________Flashback______________

it was a near evening at the orphanage of Karamzin the orange hue painted the sky, usually, the kids were playing outside at this hour but today seems different, everyone sat in the dining room where Forich a boy around 13 or 14 sat on top of a table was telling a tale of how Grisha was testing them to the fellow orphanage to find out if they will be selected to the Little Palace, "Three of them. In special uniforms, all done up and regal. They put you in a line and they go one at a time." he started, glancing around at the kid surrounding him.

"How many questions is it?" Ask a little boy no older than 10 out of curiosity.

"It's not that kind of test. And they've got this device. It's all specially made, like. They prick your arm." Forsch scowls playfully at him.

"Does it hurt?" a little girl questioned softly.

"Only for a bit. Then you find out if you're Grisha, and you go and live in the Little Palace and eat sweet melon and Kerch candies, wear special coats," he answer giving all the little kids an image of what it was like if they were Grisha, feeding their curiosity.

"Has anyone from here been picked?" the little boy questioned.

"Once. First-year in. Lucian. The little pyro was an Inferni, of course." Forich said with a smirk, but the jealousy in his tone is undeniable.
how did you know? well, you were hiding, of course, hiding behind a crumpled wall out of sight, shielding yourself only listening to the conversation, Mal and Alina Decided to join you in listening to the tale.

"I want to be a Tidemaker." the soft little suli girl from before said.

"I bet I'm a Squaller." the little boy excitedly said.

"You break wind, you don't make it." Forich joke to him and make everyone laugh,

"How does the test work?" Mal ask out of the blue, he was holding his injured arm.

"For you?" he glances at Mal's hand "For you, it won't. They don't do the test if you're sick or injured.
Thanks to your little scrap with dinner, you're gonna have to skip this year, mutt." he snark at Mal, you mustered all you straight to hold your anger in, but you were seething. afraid that if you let lose this boy would be 6 feet under, even tho it wasn't you that get insulted it still hurt to hear that.

So you decided to come out of the shadow and lean on the wall crossing your arm "from the sound of it, it sounded like you are jealous of Lucian, Forich" you smirk and ridicule him finally making your appearance before he can come back with anything Ana coming through the door.
"Children, visitors," she said

Before she can spot three of you Alina snatch your wrist and drag you out from there to the meadow with Mal close behind, when it was far enough three of you drop down sprawling on your stomach on the meadow, "She didn't see us. We're safe." she said, glancing up to see if Ana is following them.

the three of you pants trying to catch your breath from the run and then Mal softly asks "Don't you want to know if you're Grisha?"