A Searing Burst of Lights : part 2✨

~PREVIOUSLY on Shadow and Bone~

"orr...I could shoot you in the foot." Alina playfully suggests, she seems not serious when she said it but when it comes to it if she has to, she will.
________________________________

"You're a terrible shot." Mal joke back.

"I'm not," you popping your head in between Alina and Mal,

"oh yeah, sure you are," he said sarcastically.

"Hey, I am, I've been helping on that rabbit everyd-" Mal put his hand on your face and push you back where you sit, sulking behind them.
Alina let out a chuckle, you and Mal are always the chaotic ones in the group. when everything calms down to a comfortable silence, only the rumble of thunder can be heard from the fold.

"Don't cross it." Alina broke the silence hanging in between you.

"When I was young, I had nightmares about it. Going in.
Finding my parents... still dead." he start, it was fear a lot of children at the orphanage have, afraid that the darkness will devour them as it did to their parents.

"Waiting for me. Well, orders are orders." he scoffs humorlessly.

"If it goes wrong, come back. You've lost enough to it already." Alina reminds him, he still has the two of you here, and it is always the three of you, always

"I'll find my way back to you guys," he said giving you smile

"Promise us you dickhead." you tell him

he chuckles "I'm sure you smart mouth gonna be the death of me, and sure as hell I will miss it, But first, I am going gambling in Ketterdam," he said looking back to the Fold.

"Without me?" Alina said.
"yeah, like I said you don't even know how to cheat poker," you said, he was about to grab you but you backed away in time.
he laughs a little then gives a deep sigh.

"I'll write you a letter," he said, after that the three of us decided to call it a night go back to the tent and get some rest.

The next morning you wake up to the sound of a carrier and horses hooves going by your tent, with bed hair you putting your coat you walk to see the ruckus outside, there you spot a black carrier with matching brooding black stallions attach to it's front,

"Cheer up, Dubrov." you can hear Mikhael on his tent brushing his teeth while his eyes follow the General carrier
"The Black General's here to save the day."Mikhael points his cup sarcastically

"Oh, is he going to tear down the Fold?" Dubrov with a toothbrush still in his mouth, you snicker and comes on their way.

"No, I was being sarcastic," Mikhael explain to him,

"Leave him alone Mikhael, he hadn't had his brain filling for the day yet." you playfully scoff holding your coat a little tighter craving its warmth, your remarks earn Mikhael to spit out his coffee trying to hold his laugh.

"Besides he's a Grisha, not a miracle worker." you sniffled the cold air, then you walk back to Alina and Mal. you try to brush your hair with your hand to make it more, presentable, well as good as it can be.

"Is it him?" she asks Mal.

"General Kirigan," he said.

"The leader of the Second Army here to grace us with his presence? He must believe the new skiff will be a shining success." Raisa said behind them.