࿇𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐝࿇

࿇————࿇
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖:
𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐝
࿇————࿇
—---------------
(A/N): A little shorter, and luckily I adjusted it to where we can still keep it PG... for now...
I also saw the little theories on (Y/N) from a couple of people and thought it was interesting, however I won't confirm or deny anything yet...
I'm very sorry if this chapter is to long, but I hope the theme makes up for it xD
I had a lot of fun writing this particular chapter, enjoy!
—---------------

"You cannot just abandon a child over something they cannot control! Despite this not being expected, we should still do our best to teach and care for-"

"My decision is final. This... monster will not be included within our village! Not only will their disease hurt the reputation and others of our village. But they have a power no... a curse that could be a danger to all of Cookie kind!"

"But they have just been born! Sure they may have a... "unique" power and disease that prevents further potential, but that does not mean we should just abandon them!"

"Pistachio Meringue. We understand you are a very respected elder, but caring for a cookie with the potential to harm more than just... cookies to put it lightly, is risky."

"And?! Everyone is already aware of the existence of (Y/N). Regardless if their so-called "responsible" parents dare to abandon them, I will accept taking care of (Y/N)!"

"..."

"I beg your pardon?! Absolutely not! Sir, you must object immediately towards Pistachio-"

"Perhaps this deal may be necessary. After all, simply leaving them abandoned would create suspicion on us elders, they are already aware of (Y/N)'s existence."

"You may keep the child and raise them. However, you must dare not speak of them to their power. If anyone besides us excluding (Y/N) finds out, I won't hesitate to kill you both off on my own. Do I make myself clear?"

"..."

"Pistachio Meringue Cookie. Are we clear?"

"Crystal clear..."

"Let us give Pistachio and that... other one their space. We must discuss other things besides this."

As the other elders began to walk away, Pistachio Meringue looked down at you as she held you in her arms. Your expressive eyes and soft hands examined Pistachio Meringue as you tried to touch her face. Pistachio fell to her knees in anger and sadness as tears began to fall one by one down her face.

"Such harsh judgment has become so normalized for those who are not necessarily the chosen ones..." Pistachio Meringue sniffled as she stroked your head gently before smiling weakly.

"But the potential to truly be something more than what you are."

"My dear (Y/N), while I keep your secret, I will tell you that all life is sacred, and to embrace anything and anyone as such."

"May time itself judge you worthy of wielding it."

You slowly woke up as you felt your eyes still dry and puffy from all the crying. You rubbed your eyes as you lifted yourself from the bed before sighing to yourself in exhaustion as put a hand to your neck gently, realizing how sore and dry your throat was. Your voice had become more tired and deprived of any expression or motivation.

"At least I bathed myself today before taking a nap... but maybe I should take my health more into account..." you thought to yourself, only to think negatively once more. After all, you wouldn't want to walk through Longan's Palace casually to get food and water after what you had done.