Keep Your Friends Close And Your Enemies Closer.

Tap. Tap. Tap-tap. Tap.

Two normally would have been the one responsible for that noise, being a tap dancer and all. But ironically, he wasn't.

It was the middle of the night, and the starry skies were beautiful, not that Two was looking, he was too busy folding a paper flower. The creased edges were straight and perfect, the whole paper fold looked elegant, and the design was beautiful, the red poppy being the most fantastic thing in the room. Two bit his lip as he came to a more challenging part of the origami project, carefully getting through it with little to no hardships, he smiled as he admired his creation.

"One is sure to love it! I'll give it to her tomorrow!"

The orange Numberblock sighed at the mere thought of tomorrow, they were going to pair up in groups and go exploring, and Two hoped he got on One's team so he could present it to her then. That'll make his day.

Any day is his day really..

Stopping himself from falling asleep at his slanted, lamp-lit, wooden desk, he pushed his head off of his arms and grabbed a pencil out of the cup he kept it in.

Now for the hard part, because of course there was the possibility that he wasn't going to be on One's team and he knew that. He wanted to be prepared for that too, so he was going to attach a letter to it so he could send it to her if he couldn't be there to say so physically. Two started off all formal, but that quickly dissolved into how they usually talk to each other, since he was not able to hide this part of himself from her. Not even on paper, it appeared so.

When he tied the string around the paper attached to it, he heard the slide of his creaky window downstairs.

"Why is my window opening?" Two wondered aloud, slightly shaking. He knew he locked it before he went upstairs, so that eliminates the possibility that someone had broken in...

Right?

There were crickets chirping quite loudly tonight, so maybe it hadn't been a creak after all. Maybe it was just one of them.

That made him feel slightly better, he couldn't even begin to fathom what he'd do if somebody had indeed broken into his home. No need for him to panic, there wasn't anyone out to get him. Everything was proceeding just the way it was meant to, nothing going on at night. Then he'll see One in the morning.

He couldn't WAIT for that part.

Two was so caught up in his daze that he barely noticed the slight creak of the window closing again downstairs.

"The crickets are really loud tonight. I wonder if I'll even get some sleep.." He yawned, tiredness lacing his movements, "I don't think I couldn't not get any sleep..I'm so tired.."

The room started to swirl a bit, causing Two to sway with the rest of the room. His orientation was clearly off, but he was only just starting to make sense of that and piece together what was going on.

"I-I think...I think I'm dizzy..." He gripped the desk next to him relentlessly, adjusting his glasses to try and steady the space in front of him, "This isn't normal.."

Sitting down, he startled when he saw his door open, a pinkish figure slipping inside his room with little to no problem. The fuzzy blob looked even weirder when it knelt down in front of him, a couple of weird things in his hand.

Two stumbled backwards into the wall, pushing himself as far in as possible, "W-who are you? I can't- I can't see- The world's gone all wonky, and my head hurts..."

He could only think of a few who were that shade of magenta..

"E-eight? I n-need to see...Three.. I can't.. I can't-"