Breaking the engagement

"HEY" He said still wearing his uniform.

I was surprised to see him outside my condo.
I let him come in.

"Well I was just about to tell you something"
I told him and he just smiled. He really looked very handsome in his pilot outfit.

"What is it?" He asked halata ko na nagmamadali siya kanina.

"Mom wanted to have dinner with your parents" I told him.

"It's about the rumors i guess" I added and he looked at me.

"Do you think it's true?" He asked hopefully waiting for my answer.

"About What?" I asked. I'm starting to get nervous and I don't know why.

"The news" He answered.

"I don't care about it." I lied. I can lie as long as you explain to me, I'll be okay.

"That's good because it's not true anyways" He told me and I didn't know what to say.

"8PM sharp in your hotel. I will take a shower now" I told him and went to the bathroom.
I left him but after a while I heard the door closing. He left i guess.

"I will pick you up later. Please open your phone so I can call - M.V.M" that's the note he left on the table.

I opened my phone and unblocked him. I can't receive the messages he might have sent but I can see his calls siguro dahil nag end agad paulit ulit siyang tumawag.

173 missed calls from Máxivion
(blocked contacts)

To: Máxivion
Just opened my phone.

From: Máxivion
I'll pick you up around 7PM

To Máxivion:
Ok

I'm waiting for his text while doing my makeup. It was 6:58 PM

From: Máxivion
I'm here

I went down immediately after receiving his message. I saw him wearing a casual attire. Black polo, maong jacket, and white shoes.

"Anak, it's good to see you" Máxivion's Mom told me and We hugged.

I also hugged my parents which seems to be upset. I sat beside Máxivion and the athmosphere was really awkward. Our parents our not talking us usual and I can feel the tension on both sides.

"So what's the topic for tonight?" I asked to lessen the tension.

"We wanted to end the engagement." My Mom speaked and Máxivion's Parents and Máxivion just looked at her surprised. Nakita ko ang gulat sa mukha ng parent siya but Máxivion was just quietly looking at them waiting for what my parents decided.

"Let's talk about it first" Máxivion's Mom said in her soft voice. Alam ko na nahihiyan din sila ngayon. Halata naman yon sa galaw palang.

"Yes let's do that, Rose" My Mom said I know she's upset.

"In whatever decision Star will make I will respect it and agree" My Father told everyone.

"It's been quite some time I think you owe us an explanation, Son. Especially Star if you still haven't" His Dad told Máxivion.

"If it's about the rumors it's not true. I never had a relationship with her and I will never cheat on my fiancé" He told everyone and held my hand to assure me.

I thought everyone will shrug this issue but my mom said "I know this is an arrange marriage that is good for both your future but I'm taking the decision of Star in this. I know my daughter will do what she wants"

"Star?" Máxivion's Mom asked me and I just looked at everyone.

"I want to cancel the engagement...."

I saw how Máxivion held my hand more harder and how disappointed our parents are. Even if My Parents are upset alam ko naman that this marriage means the world to them. His parents naman ganon din at nakita ko na nalungkot sila.

"Let's just get married"

"We already have a house and we will have stronger business if we already get married so that's my decision" I told everyone.

Everyone gave me a smile. I know this marriage will do good in our businesses. I'm not thinking about myself at this point I'm thinking about the people that works under Starlight and Máxivion's business. This will do good to our people.

"Then you will get married next week" Máxivion's Mom said at ngumiti ng pagkalaki laki. Mas excited pa kaysa saamin.

"Are you sure, Anak?" My Mom asked and I just nodded.

"Then we will prepare the wedding and call you both if we need your opinions" My Mom said and she sounded so excited too.

"Thank you for taking care of Máxivion" Máxivion's Dad hugged me as a goodbye for tonight.

"We will call you tomorrow for the details!" My Mom together with Máxivion's Mom told us. Me and Máxivion are walking towards his car.

"Are you sure you will marry me?" He asked while driving

"It's for the best" I answered honestly.

"Yes it's for the best" He said in a monotone.