five

"later guys!" i called over my shoulder to ashton and luke as i walked back to my room.

i looked down at my mini map of the school campus, wondering how to get back from the Elemental Building.

the bad thing about looking at a map and walking at the same time is that you might bump into a tree, or like me, trip over absolutely nothing.

"sorry, i guess you could say i like taking advantage of my power."

i stood up and found myself face-to-face with a tan guy with dark hair and chocolate brown eyes.

"what?" i asked.

"i'm a ghost. well, kind of. i have certain ghost abilities. like, this." he said, dissapearing, then reappearing.

"and this."

he wrapped his arms around me, his shoulder covering my face.

i felt a rush of air. when he let go of me, we were in front of my room.

i looked up at ghost boy in confusion.

"how did you know-"

"ellie!"

i turned around to see michael, the boy with the red hair, which was now green.

"oh hey michael, did you dye your hair green?"

"nah, i'm just really excited to help out with your power. so i see you've met calum."

ghost boy-calum appeared at michael's side.

"you guys are friends?"

"best mates." they grinned.

i nodded, gesturing them to follow me in as i opened the door to my room.

"so let's get started on discovering your power." michael said, rubbing his hands together.

"actually, i already found out my power today, when i was with ms. carrio."

"well, show us."

i nodded, holding out my hands, concentrating on ice.

ice

ice

ice

"hey man, do you think she's got any twinkies here?"

"nah, she just got here. plus, why would she have twinkies? sno balls are way better."

instead of the usual chunk of ice, a snowball appeared in my hands.

"i've never made a snowball before." i confessed.

michael and calum laughed at the reason i made the snowball but looked somewhat impressed.

"so you're an Element. No wonder you weren't in my class today, cal and i are Supernaturals." michael said.

i nodded, and looked down at my snowy creation.

"it's the power of the Hostess products."

i didn't know what to do with it, so i lamely threw it at calum.

michael's head shot up, clearly sensing the incoming snowball.

"calum, watch out!"

calum disappeared, leaving michael to be the target of the cold ammunition.

splat

calum reappeared to see a now bright yellow haired michael, face and shirt wet with the melting snow.

"for fucks sake, el."

i smiled at both his reaction and the new nickname, walking over with calum to help clean the snow off of michael.

"so, is there a good place to eat around here? i'm starving." i said, ruffling the last bit of snow out of michael's hair.

michael and calum looked at each other.

"paisley?"

"paisley."