eight

i woke up in my room, with an all too familiar feelings of not knowing what happened. last thing i remember, i was in the park with ashton, listening to him confess his drunken love to me.

i slowly got up and stretched my arms, immediately regretting it as i felt a sharp pain in my left shoulder.

"fuck."

my shoulder was covered in bandages, a smiley face drawn on the gauze with sharpie.

"michael?..calum?" i called out.

michael jogged into my bedroom with a glass of water, setting in on my nightstand and sitting beside me.

"hey, how are you feeling?"

"i'm feeling just fine. what happened?"

michael bit his lip, mentally debating if it was a good idea to tell me the truth.

"soon after you left us, we realized that we wanted you to take some s'mores home, so we followed you. you were on the ground with a patch of ice under you, you must've accidentally used your power and slipped." michael explained.

"oh, okay. did you bring me here?" i asked, softly touching the gauze on my shoulder.

"calum helped. he went home last night so i thought i'd stay to make sure you were okay in the morning."

"thanks mikey. i'm gonna get ready for class. you can stay if you want, but no peeking." i pointed a finger at him.

he raised his hands and backed out if the room.

as i was getting dressed

"you gotta boyfriend, he's a total loser, all your friends tell you da dadadada..."

"mikey?" i called, pulling my shirt down.

"yeah?"

"what are you doing?" i asked, zipping my pants as i walked into the living area.

"nothing." he grinned.

"okay well let's get going." i gave him a skeptical look before locking the door behind us.

------

"class we have another new student. hopefully this time you'll treat her with kindness and respect." ms. carrio announced, giving a pointed look to andrew, the guy who made me slip on my first day . andrew blushed and slumped down in his seat.

a brunette girl with long wavy hair and bright green eyes walked into the room.

"oh hello! we were just about to start, would you like to introduce yourself or shall i?" ms. carrio asked with a smile.
the girl stood there and stared at all of us with a bit of disgust.

"lanie redwood."

"so lanie, what is your special power? perhaps you have control over light? earth?"

"no, i shapeshift."

ms.carrio, as well as the rest of us looked surprised because this was a class for students who had powers related to elements.

"oh, are you sure? because this is Elemental Stu-"

"of course i'm sure, it's my own fucking power."

"oh, i'm sorry honey but-"

"don't call me honey do i look like a fucking bee?"

ms.carrio looked taken aback as the rest of the class watched the conversation in front of us in silence.

"no, i'm sorry, but you're not supposed to be here."

"yeah, tell me about it. not my fucking fault i turned into a greedy little mutt."

ms. carrio stayed quiet as she though about what she was to do next.

"okay well, how about leslie takes you over to ms. keystone's office to get things sorted out."
ms. carrio motioned leslie over to her and lanie then hurried them out the room so she could finally start class.

"okay, everyone! so today we'll be starting a project about combining elements so please find a partner to work with that does not have the same element as you."
as soon as that was said people were rushing around the tables, hurrying to partner up with their friends.

"so, ellie. wanna partner up with me?" ashton turned around in his seat to face me.

ever since ms.carrio told me to not be so close to ashton, we decided to sit a bit further away from each other. ashton now sits with luke at the table
in front of me, and i sit by myself at the table behind them.

"sure! who's gonna be luke's partner?" i wondered.

"a hot chick, that's who. i'm waiting to see if that hailey girl has got a partner yet." luke answered, watching the girls in the room go around finding their partners.
as everyone went to sit down with their selected partners, luke saw that hailey was already doing the project with merideth.

"damn you, merideth."

"hey guys, did you figure out who your partner is yet?" ms. carrio came to our tables with a clipboard.

"ashton and i are together." i replied, glancing at ashton who was giving me a big smile.

"oh, i don't think that's a very good idea."

"why not?" ashton looked up to ms. carrio, pouting so his bottom lip stuck out.

"this project requires you two to use your powers very close to each other, so i'm worried one of you will get hurt."

"ashton would never hurt me." i said, looking at ashton who nodded.

ashton and i faced each other, both of us frowning. although i swear i saw his face wash over with guilt.

"sorry guys. let's see, leslie doesn't have a partner, would you mind working with her, ashton?"

"yeah, sure."

"and ellie, who doesn't have a -luke? who's your partner?" ms. carrio looked up from her clipboard. luke turned around.

"don't have one."

"well it looks like you're partnering up with ellie. great, everyone has a partner!" ms. carrio took off towards her desk, probably searching for the rubrics.

luke groaned and zapped ashton in frustrastion, then coming around the table to sit with me.

"ow! what was that for?"

------------

HI I REALLY HATE MYSELF

i haven't posted in sooo long
(sorry wifey)

but now i'm back and hopefully i'll be able to get out more chapters quicker yay

mmkay byeeee