Heroes Old And New

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Many thanks to fellow writer jettmanas, who co-wrote and illustrated this story.

This adventure is a direct sequel to 'What If Totally Spies Had Marvel Superpowers?'.

******

Time. Space. Reality. It's more than a linear path. It's a prism of endless possibility, where a single choice can branch out into infinite realities, creating alternate worlds from the ones you know.

I am the Watcher. I am your guide through these vast new realities. Follow me, and ponder the question... What if?

The year is 1945, and as the final days of the Second World War draw to a close, the forces of evil were preparing one final gambit to play against the allied forces

******

In the night sky looming over the Arctic Ocean, a huge green plane droned loudly, flying around 100 miles per hour, high above the vast ice shelves and glaciers below. Its massive wings braced the fuselage, and from both, six propellers swirled, and machine guns were perched in a dorsal position. Inside, two pilots and engineers, and a radio operator focused on their work, donned in the black military uniforms of the organisation known as Hydra. One man kept watch over a bizarrely high-tech energy cannon, which was very advanced weaponry for the mid 1940s. In the centre of the cannon was a glowing cube with a light blue hue, which was the source of the weapon's power. This was the Tesseract, a mysterious cosmic artefact of unlimited energy that contained the Space Stone, one of the six Infinity Stones that predated the entire Universe itself.

"Hail Hydra!" proclaimed the Radio Operator into his microphone, proudly broadcasting his message straight to high command. "I am happy to report that testing of the new weapon has been a success. We have established that the power of the Tesseract can be used to obliterate whole cities! We are now on course back to base to present the cannon to the Supreme Leader."

"Negative," came the reply through the radio speaker. "I regret to inform you that Berlin has fallen to the allies. You are therefore ordered to use the new weapon against the cities of our enemies, starting with London. The tide of war has turned against us, and you are now our only hope for victory."

The crew were momentarily shocked by this devastating news, but they quickly regained their resolve, refusing to admit defeat after all the hardships they had been through.

"Understood," replied the Radio Operator with steel in his voice. "Will proceed with orders received."

The huge plane began to swerve and change course, its crew ready to deliver a fatal blow to the British that had opposed them for so long. However, the Hydra soldiers would never get their chance for revenge, as they were unaware that another plane was on their tail, smaller in size and built more for stealth than anything else. Inside the spitfire-like craft, Captain 'Peggy' Carter was at the controls, a powerfully-built brunette woman clad in a combat uniform with the design and colours of the Union Jack emblazoned across her chest, with a round vibranium shield on her back with a matching emblem. Upon spotting the Hydra plane, she made a call into her own radio.