2

Looking back on many things that happened makes me realize now, as an adult, how twisted events were. I remember the Arthur I went to grade school with, the one I grew up with. We were six when we first talked to each other. I was young and innocent and did not realize what he was going through. When we were in high school, he spoke to me about it a little more, but even then, he was vague. He always told me then that he never wanted to get married for fear of having a lousy partner, yet he married anyway. Maybe the woman he was with made him realize he was more than just a punching bag.

I have loved him for years; he had my entire heart and soul. I could never stop loving him, despite us losing contact after some time. I never held a grudge against his wife at all. She seemed lovely, and it just broke my heart. Then eventually, they will have kids, and I think that will be my reminder that I need to move on finally.

I looked at myself through the mirror in my car and started to slap my cheeks. "Pull yourself together, Francis," I spoke. I was anxious to see him after such a long time. We did not hate each other or anything, and I did not want to get into my feelings seeing him and his wife. Convincing myself that I was over him was way more complicated than the movies and books make it seem.

NO!

I was a different man now!

I love him still, but it was the love I had for all of my friends.

I was over him! I was just getting sentimental after hearing his name.

I knew he was bringing his wife, but I was over him! I was not going to feel jealous or anything! It is my first time seeing Arthur after so long, but I respect his relationship and would never step out of line! I think he is really neat.

"Hey! Francis! how exciting to see you?" I heard a familiar voice. I turned around and smiled, seeing an old friend. "Hey! Matthew, where is Alfred?" I smiled. I stood up and pulled him in for a hug. "Ahh, you know my brother! Late as usual, how are you? I might have seen Arthur coming in, though," He spoke. My eyes widened, and I immediately started looking around. Matthew began to laugh at me, putting his hand on my back. "Do not worry! He will be here," He laughed. "Yeah, I know," I laughed nervously.

"Oh my! Sorry... Matthew... so many...people..." Alfred came out of nowhere and began to breathe heavily. "Oh, calm down; you did not run that far," Matthew rolled his eyes. Alfred finally looked up at me and smiled. "Wow, you look so different," He smiled. "Well, I hope I will have after secondary school," I laughed. We all sat at my table and began to talk about what we had been up to. Of course, I had told them about my wife and how we came out to each other. "Francis? You like men?" Alfred asked, shocked. I took a deep breath in and rolled my eyes.

"Have you seen Gilbert and Antonio?" Matthew asked. "Ahh, those two? no I have not, I am sure they are just late as usual," I laughed. We were all close in highschool, it makes me feel a little nostalgic being back here. I looked to Matthew and Alfred who looked passed me with a smirk. "What is it?" I asked confused. I felt a sudden tap on my shoulder, and It caused me to turn around quickly. "Hey..." I spoke.

He was there, standing in front of me. His hair looked the same, and his face looked the same. It was like time did not touch him at all. He continued to look so radient in my eyes, and I felt the love for him grow. My face was starting to feel hot as we stared at each other, and I did not know what to do now.

"Hey... Francis," he laughed. In the past, we argued and sometimes fought like we hated each other, but right now, all I felt was love for the person in front of me, the love I had toward very close friends. "It is so good to see you," I smiled at him. "Yeah, I see you still don't know how to stop dressing like you need attention all the time," he laughed. I smiled at what he said and shook my head, "Is that all you can come up with? You know English is not much of a compelling language," I laughed.

I pulled him in for an embrace, and I felt my heart beat fast as I felt his head resting against my shoulder. I held him tightly and pulled away from him to smile. His warm smell filled a hole inside me that I did not realize was missing. Wow, it is him. I have never been so happier. seeing him in front of me was different than I could have ever imagined.

"Arthur, are you going to introduce us?" A voice asked. Arthur suddenly tensed up, and his smile quickly went away. "Right...this is Francis... he is an old friend from school... I have mentioned him before," He spoke nervously. "Francis, this is Amelia, my wife," He said, looking down. I lifted an eyebrow at his sudden change of character. "Oh! Nice to meet you, Francis; I remember now! However, I don't remember Arthur mentioning how handsome you are," she giggled. I felt a little uneasy as she said that to me. I looked over to Arthur, who did not seem to be bothered by this. I then looked over to Mattew and Alfred, who sensed some weird air tension.

She continued to smile at me, but my stomach was starting to collapse in on itself as I looked at her. Something about this felt off some how, I could not explain it.