✿ 1 ✿

" jules! wake up!" juliet heard her younger sister charlotte say.
" jules!" she whined. opening her eyes slowly, jules sat up sleepily.
" mum says you need to walk me to school." charlotte said, crossing her arms.

" fine." she reluctantly got up and rubbed her eyes. spotting charlotte still standing near her, she began to push the younger girl towards the door.
" now get out of here so i can get ready." she chuckled slightly, closing the door on her sister's face.

" hey!" she heard charlotte shout from behind the door, laughing slightly.

✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲

juliet opened her closet and picked out an outfit. due to the chilly autumn weather, she opted for something cosy to keep her warm.

she threw on a plain shirt with her favourite pair of brown jeans, before layering an oversized sweater on top.
" okay, let's go." jules called out to her sister as she waited by the door.
" coming!" charlotte shouted, before running down the stairs and opening the door.

✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲

" sometimes i forget you aren't so young anymore." juliet said, breaking the comfortable silence.
" really?" charlotte asked. jules hummed in response.
" yea, i still think you're 7 most of the time. though you're still only as mature as you were when you were 7." she jokingly insulted.
" i hate you! i am 12 thank you very much." her sister replied, pushing jules slightly with her shoulder.

they both laughed as they spotted a stranger across the street looking at them strangely as they jokingly fought.

✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲

jules walked down the streets of london towards her favourite coffee shop after dropping charlotte off at her school. " this charming man" by the smiths played through her headphones as she turned the corner.

just as she was about to enter the café, a tall blonde boy walked through the door, straight into juliet.

" shit!" he cursed, looking at the girl who was now on the floor, drenched in iced coffee. he held a hand out to her and helped her to stand. " i am so sorry! are you okay?" he frantically apologised. the girl chuckled slightly as she saw the guilty look on the boy's face.

" it's okay! i should have looked where i was going, it's honestly my fault." she reciprocated his apology, smiling up at him apologetically.

" no! honestly, it's my fault!" he continued, " can i buy a drink for you as an apology?"
" okay." she grinned at the stranger, as they entered the café.

" so, what would you like?" he asked her as they looked up at the menu's. juliet felt bad about the boy spending money on her, so decided to choose a cheaper drink.
" can i get a hot chocolate please?" she chose the cheapest drink on the menu.
" are you sure? i don't mind spending more money!" he reassured.
" no its alright! i came her for one of the hot chocolate's anyway." she lied. he nodded in response before ordering her drink.

✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲

" so tommy, do you live near?" juliet asked him. by now they had both introduced themselves and were sitting at a table by the window.
" oh, no i don't actually." he replied, " i live down in brighton."

" huh. so what are you doing in this shithole?" she asked him. he laughed at her question.
" i'm visiting a friend." he explained.
" ah, that makes sense."

" oh shit-" he said a bit too loudly as he noticed the time. " i'm sorry, i've got to go meet my friend now!"

" oh, that's alright! it was lovely meeting you and thank you for my drink." she smiled as he stood up.

" it's no problem! um, " he hesitated before asking a question, " could i perhaps get your number?"

" of course!"

✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲

emily's corner

hello!!!

so, i have just started this book! it's quite a short chapter thoughhh...

i'm excited about this book tbh!

opinions on this chapter?

okay bye bye ily!!