✿ 5 ✿

juliet knocked on her sister's door the next morning.
" come in!" she heard charlotte shout, before she entered the room.
" hey, can we talk?" jules closed the door behind her as charlotte put down and nodded.
" um, i'm moving out." she said, cautious of what charlotte's reaction would be.
" what.." her sister furrowed her eyebrows.
" yea, i'm moving to brighton." she explained.
" oh. where are you staying?"
" with tommy."

" tommyinnit?" charlotte exclaimed.
" yes." jules chuckled at the 12 year old's reaction.
" that's so cool!"

✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿✿⊰✲⊱✿

whilst charlotte's reaction had been pretty positive, juliet was not looking forward for her parents' reactions. she trudged down the stairs into the living room where she saw them both sitting.
clearing her throat to bring attention to herself, jules began.
" hey, i just wanted to tell you guys i'm moving out." she told them, hiding her fear for their reactions.
" finally." her mother laughed, not even looking at her daughter.
" okay." her father also barely looked at her. she took a deep breath before speaking again.
" don't you care about where i'm moving to? or who i'm moving in with?" she asked.

" fine. who you movin' in with?" her father reluctantly asked, keeping his eyes on his newspaper in front of him.
" my friend, tommy." she received nods from the both of them, and took that as a signal to leave.

✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿✿⊰✲⊱✿

tommy knocked on jules' door and waited for somebody to answer. he heard a conversation from inside the house but couldn't quite understand what was being said. the door was then opened by a tall man.

" what?" he sounded frustrated.
" um, i'm here for jules." tommy said as confidently as he could.
" jules? who the fuck is jules?" the man scoffed.
" uh- juliet?" tommy said.
" oh, yea. you're her new roommate innit?" tommy nodded in response. " alright, come in."

tommy hesitantly entered the house.
" sit son, sit." tommy sat down, looking around for jules.
" oh hey-" jules began, but slowed when she saw her father sitting near, " hey tommy." tommy smiled at her.
" so, why you letting my daughter move in?" her father asked him.
" dad-" jules tried to stop him.
" was i talking to you juliet?" her father snapped. jules quickly closed her mouth and started fidgeting with her hands while staring at the floor.

" um, well she's my best friend, and i've got a spare room so.." tommy explained, looking from jules to her father.
" you know, she's probably just gonna sit in bed all day like the lazy shit she is." her father laughed. tommy tried to hide his anger. jules began to walk towards the door.
" um, we should get going tommy." she said and tommy stood up.
" bye you lazy whore." her father said to jules.
" dad what the fuck?" she turned around and looked her father in the eyes. " you have no right to talk to me that way." she walked up to him.

" i choose how i talk to you." her father raised his voice slightly.
" no, you don't." jules confidently said, pushing the man backwards slightly. her father seemed to get bored, and sat down on the sofa, not looking at either of them. juliet headed back over to tommy, bringing her suitcases with her.

once the door was closed behind them jules let out a sigh of relief.
" i'm so sorry about hi-" jules stopped talking when tommy wrapped his arms around her in a hug. she was confused for a couple moments, before hugging him back.

✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿✿⊰✲⊱✿

" well, here we are. my humble abode." tommy opened the door to his apartment.
" tommy! it looks so lovely!" jules exclaimed. tom grinned at her reaction.
" here's your room. you can decorate it however you want, but ive got some posters if you want them." he opened the door to her new bedroom.
" it's perfect! thank you so much tom!"

✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿✿⊰✲⊱✿

emily's corner

YAYHEH

they have moved in together

anyway i hate her parents

opinions on this chapter?

ily bye!